Sturgeon Valley CG

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Travelers

Sturgeon Valley CG

Post by Travelers »

What a nice little campground.
Located at exit 301 of I75 in the City of Wolverine, MI. Somewhat center of the state in the top of the mitten.
Its location puts the tourist areas close to you: 39 miles South of Mackinaw City, 20 miles West of Petosky, plus Charlevoix and Cheboygan.

First its not full hook up. It has 30 amp electrical and water. Lots are 50 x 50 back in.
The Sturgeon River (with rainbow and brown trout) flows throught the property. Very wadeable. :thumbrt:

This cg has a history of good owner sold to someone who ran it down and ended up back with the original owner. (check RV park reviews)
The owners, Jean and Bob, are just good people. They stop by a couple of times a day to see if you need anything.
They supplied fire wood - $5 for a wheelbarrow full. Drained our tanks with the honey wagon for $5.
No pool so the kids that are there are for kayaking and tubing the river.

So if you're looking for a place to stop for the night or spend some time visiting the area, check this place out. Its is quiet.
And if your there during the week, Bob will turn turn the cg lights OFF for you.

Diann and I along with her sister Nancy and Lee spent 8 nights there. We just returned today. We had back to back lots.
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Re: Sturgeon Valley CG

Post by bop11 »

Thanks John, We will definatley check it out.

My Dad used to take me fishing there when I was probably 8 years old. We used to stay at the State Park in Indian River and he always drug me out at 0 dark thirty in the morning to try a new stretch of the Sturgeon that he knew would have Mr. Jaws the Brown Trout just waiting to eat a night crawler.... Never did real well except when we'd head down to Trowbridge road. Great area! Nice stretch of river.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!