Kansas City Campground

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

hawkifans
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3625RT
Skype ID: bergmanpa

Kansas City Campground

Post by hawkifans »

Basswood Resort - Platte City, MO.
Not many good options for camping in the KC area, but we found this little gem and it is worth the drive. Located North of the KC airport off Highway 92 (if you are traveling Interstate 35 - taking I-435 WEST easily gets you to this campground and you avoid the downtown traffic). Fishing ponds (this used to be a fish hatchery), great shower rooms (one building has individually shower/potty rooms), nice laundry, and the BEST store I've ever seen - everything from liquor/wine, to clothes, to pool toys, to RV supplies, to groceries. They even make pizza to order and deliver it to you camper! We were here in April, but sounds like they have lots of planned activities during the summer. All spots have a picnic table and fire ring - plus there is also a group fire pit. They are in the process of building 2 dog parks (one for little dogs - one for big dogs).

Drawbacks - Highway 92 is a hilly, 2-lane highway and about a 18 mile drive from North I-35, but just a few miles off I-29. ALSO, this park is right in the flight path for the Kansas City airport. We actually got a kick of watching all the planes and seeing all the different airlines while we were sitting outside in the evening.

This would be a great location for a family reunion as there are many options for those who do NOT own a camper from hotel suites to a lodge that sleeps 16. Manager Kathy and her husband are super people!
Cindy and Paul
2010 3625 Cardinal
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD Short Box

Nights out in 2013 - 100
Nights out in 2012 - 95
craig
Cardinal Owners: 08 Red Bird 35RLT

Re: Kansas City Campground

Post by craig »

Stayed there many years ago as I was transferred from Cal to KS. Back then it was still a great park with many great things to offer.
Craig & Lynne
RAM3500 diesel
08 Red Bird 35RLT
Retired and Loven IT