Daytona Beach FL

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Daytona Beach FL

Post by bop11 »

If your in the Daytona Beach FL area I can recommend a stay at the Daytona Beach Carefree RV Resort. It is a Passport America campground and it's about 5 minutes from the beach.
I would suggest asking for a sight with a cement patio because a few of the sites without them are quite sandy. Also all of the sites are back ins and can be a little tight. Overall we have enjoyed our stay here.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Re: Daytona Beach FL

Post by ski boy »

Thanks for the good word about this campground. Unlike many (any?) of the members on this site, we do a lot of camping in Fla. and Alabama. We'll put this one on our "check it out" list. Our summer home base is Southern Ontario - we're practically neighbors...
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Ski boy it's well worth a stay if your looking to stay around Daytona Beach. I notice quite a few license plates from Quebec here. We got a coupon from the fall camper show in Novi Mi last year and stayed the week here for $99.00, plus an extra day for $25.00 Passport America rate. Can't beat those rates even in the off season!
Let me know if you ever get over to Lakeport State Park just north of Port Huron.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
GaryJo
Cardinal Owners: 2003 M28WB Cardinal (Fifth Wheel)

Post by GaryJo »

After the winter of 2013/14, my husband is on a mission to figure out a way we can take our 5th wheel down to Florida next winter. We're not retired, but we were thinking we could find a reasonably priced seasonal campground, park it there, and between us, go back and forth a few times over 2 or 3 months. I'm self-employed and he gets enough vacation time that he should be able to make it down each month for a week or more. Does that sound crazy? Do seasonal campers in Florida ever do that? We now do seasonal camping for the summer up here in Michigan and just make it out on weekends (which we love!).