San Antonio - Blazing Star v Admirality

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

rvlost

San Antonio - Blazing Star v Admirality

Post by rvlost »

We are headed to San Antonio next week. A friend had suggested the Blazing Star, but I see several of you like the Admirality. Both had fairly good reviews at rvparkreviews.com, but Blazing Star seemed to have a little better ratings. Anyone out there that know them both and can make a recommendation before I call for reservations on Monday?

Thanks!
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

We are staying at the Admiralty right now. Cannot speak for the Blazing Star, have not seen it. The admirality is a very nice resort. The only complaint I can see is the sites are a little close. You can get your awnngs open and sit outside if yu choose. We are in a pull thru site. If you pay for 6 nights you get the 7th free, which works out to be a $36 savings, which is a little better thna the Good Sam discount. It is also only 1 mile from Sea World.

Good Luck on your choice and if it is the Blazing Star, don't forget to post about it for our members.
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

Well, we stayed at Blazing Star for a week. The office, pool, bath houses, laundry etc were fabulous. However, our site wasn't great. True, we reserved last minute and had to take what is available, but we paid $278 for a week and our site wasn't level, didn't have a picnic table, and had trash behind it. They supposedly price sites based on the width, and ours was medium, we were able to put out our awning, but it was only about 3' to the neighbors slide outs. There are some much nicer sites in the CG, with trees and picnic tables, but I think it is nervy to charge $278 PLUS $49 for the kids, then charge extra for WIFI and not even provide a picnic table. Also, the fabulous club house and game room closed at 6pm when the office closed, so the kids only used it once. Lots of people rate this place as a 10, and as I said the common facilities are great, but this wouldn't even make our list of top 10 CGs and we are new at RVing. When we pay a lot, I expect a lot. This is a nice CG, I just don't think it is quite as nice as they do :D