Sea to shining sea

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

Jan

Sea to shining sea

Post by Jan »

Hi All,

Well, we have spent time on the Oregon Coast and now time on the North Carolina Coast.

They are both gorgeous. I can only recommend that if you live near either one, try to get out there and enjoy them. During the off season you will save some $$.

Last week we were at Carolina Beach State Park near Wilmington NC. It is a boondockers park. No water, power or sewer, although there is a rv dump.
Fully treed and quiet. Just minutes from the beach and Fort Fisher (for you Civil War buffs). We were fortunate in having beautiful sunny and warm weather.

At this moment we are in Williamsburg VA at the Anvil Campground under blue sunny skys.

Jan
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Congrats Jan on your coast-to-coast adventure.

So where to now? Will it be up north for some Maine lobster or down south for some good times in Florida?

Rob
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hi Rob,

We will be headed to Delaware for one night and then its on to Maryland (Annapolis and "the other Washington"). My buddy told me about a restaurant in Annapolis which serves terrific crab cakes.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we visited Maine. We are even considering going into Canada.

Have you visited any areas back here that we should consider?

Is it still snowing in Washington State?
Jan
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Jan wrote: We are even considering going into Canada.

Is it still snowing in Washington State?
Jan
Hi Jan

Are you thinking perhaps of a cross Canada trip? If you were to start in June it would be a great time of year to visit our northern neighbors.

The weather has been great so of course we anxious to get back camping. We haven't had the trailer out since our trip in February. Since then I have spent two weeks in South Lake Tahoe on business and Sunday I leave for College Station for two weeks again on business. Between business trips, and my wife not able to take a few days off, I'm chomping at the bit to get back out camping. Our next trip will probably be the Long Beach get-together in April.

Rob
Jan

Post by Jan »

Hey Rob,

A trans-Canada trip would just about be the ultimate. I think at this time we are looking a going into a couple of provinces. I have always wanted to either drive across or take a train across Canada.

Sorry to hear that work won't allow you the time to enjoy your rig. I can tell you that I am grateful for the opportunity to go fulltiming at my tender age. The flip side is that within two years I must, sadly, go job hunting.

Is the rally in Long Beach coinciding with the massive car show?

Jan
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Jan wrote:Is the rally in Long Beach coinciding with the massive car show?
HI Jan

There's a car show in July but I don't know of any in April.

Rob
Jan

Post by Jan »

Ooops! Car shows are traditionally held in the "summer" months.

Sorry. :oops:

Jan
Ranger Mark

Hello Jan,

Post by Ranger Mark »

Hey Jan, You had indicated you were in Williamsburg, VA as one of your stops on your trip. We are headed to Williamsburg soon and wondered if you would recommend the campground and tips for Williamsburg.
Ranger Mark
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Jan & Pamm, we haven't heard from you guys in a while. Where are you?

Rob