After the Rally

What's Your Favorite Campground? Need Information on Fuel Prices, Campground Ratings, Campgrounds available in the area you are traveling??? This is the place to look!!

Moderator: Olbird

teallen
Cardinal Owners: 2012 3030
Skype ID: thomas.allen511

After the Rally

Post by teallen »

We are planning on taking our time going home from the rally's and adding some more states to our travel map. Plan on dipping into South Carolina, then head back north, stopping by Mt. Airy, NC (always wanted to visit Mayberry), then on to Virginia and take I 81 up thru the Shenandoah Valley. Has anyone out there taken this drive and recommend a nice RV park in Virginia? We are then headed into West Virginia (Harpers Ferry area), then on to Maryland and spend a couple of nights (visit Antietam battle field).
Tom and Judy
2012 Cardinal 3030RS ("le Chateau")
2018 RAM 3500
9 grandkids (keeps us busy)
Rallys attended - 17
2019 Camping Days- 7
Camping Days - 2011 - 90, 2012 - 144, 2013 - 130, 2014 - 130, 2015 - 107
Rob & Cathy

Re: After the Rally

Post by Rob & Cathy »

teallen wrote: stopping by Mt. Airy, NC (always wanted to visit Mayberry),
Good idea Tom, I think we'll plan on visiting there too. :thumbrt:

Rob
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

If everything goes as I tentatively have it planned I will be doing many of the things you mentioned but between FROG and the Southern Rally in Foley so after Asheville I am planning on heading back west as I will have been out almost 3 1/2 months when the Asheville Rally ends.
I plan a stop in Nashville to visit the Hermitage home of Andrew Jackson. Then a couple of days in Memphis visiting my brother and his family and I might wonder down to a rib joint or two while I am there. Also a day or so in Little Rock, Arkansas doing some genealogy then on towards New Mexico to spend another 4 or 5 days with mom before heading on home. I should be home before Halloween. :))

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
R & D

Post by R & D »

Don Wilson wrote:If everything goes as I tentatively have it planned I will be doing many of the things you mentioned but between FROG and the Southern Rally in Foley so after Asheville I am planning on heading back west as I will have been out almost 3 1/2 months when the Asheville Rally ends.
I plan a stop in Nashville to visit the Hermitage home of Andrew Jackson. Then a couple of days in Memphis visiting my brother and his family and I might wonder down to a rib joint or two while I am there. Also a day or so in Little Rock, Arkansas doing some genealogy then on towards New Mexico to spend another 4 or 5 days with mom before heading on home. I should be home before Halloween. :))

Don
Don.....I used to live about 2 miles from Andrew Jackson's..The Hermitage. :d
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

R & D wrote:
Don Wilson wrote:If everything goes as I tentatively have it planned I will be doing many of the things you mentioned but between FROG and the Southern Rally in Foley so after Asheville I am planning on heading back west as I will have been out almost 3 1/2 months when the Asheville Rally ends.

Don
I enjoyed it when we were there back in 1985 so I am going to go again! I have also though I might check out the American Pickers place while I am there although I don't know why!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
R & D

Post by R & D »

Don Wilson wrote:
R & D wrote:

Don
I enjoyed it when we were there back in 1985 so I am going to go again! I have also though I might check out the American Pickers place while I am there although I don't know why!

Don
I was living there 83-88 :d
dennis1949
Cardinal Owners: 2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL

Post by dennis1949 »

Tom, stay ay Mayberry campground in Mt. Airy that is where we stayed on the way home from the Gettysburg rally. It was a passport America cg. and a nice place to stay.
Dennis Carpenter
2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL
2012 3/4 GMC Z71 truck
Decatur Al.
teallen
Cardinal Owners: 2012 3030
Skype ID: thomas.allen511

Post by teallen »

dennis1949 wrote:Tom, stay ay Mayberry campground in Mt. Airy that is where we stayed on the way home from the Gettysburg rally. It was a passport America cg. and a nice place to stay.
Thanks Dennis, we will do that.
Tom and Judy
2012 Cardinal 3030RS ("le Chateau")
2018 RAM 3500
9 grandkids (keeps us busy)
Rallys attended - 17
2019 Camping Days- 7
Camping Days - 2011 - 90, 2012 - 144, 2013 - 130, 2014 - 130, 2015 - 107
Ram3500
Cardinal Owners: (2015) 3850RL
2014 RAM 3500 Dually

Post by Ram3500 »

Please consider a stop in Gettysburg,PA and then take Rte 30 to Lancaster Co. PA.
Flintstones

Post by Flintstones »

Gettysburg well worth the trip. And plenty of nearby rv parks to choose from.