Is the 30TS right for me?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
BB_TX

Is the 30TS right for me?

Post by BB_TX »

Retiring in one year, planning on buying within the next few months. Will not be full timing, but plan some extended vacations of 3-4 weeks at a time and shorter trips of maybe 4-5 days with the small grandkids. Want something as short as possible for ease of towing and manueverablity, but with as much floor space as possible for extended stays. The 30TS looks like it fits the bill. Would this be a good choice for my needs?
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

You gotta go with what fits right for you and with what you think will fit your needs.
Take a couple of grandkids with you to the dealers, go sit in the 30 ts for a bit. Act like you are actually living in it....see if it shrinks with a couple of kids in it....lol In the end...go with what feels right.
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

I agree with Linda. As you can see by our sig, we too have the 30TS. We started out with a 24 1/2 ft trailer with one little slide it was not a FR product. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to trade up. We wanted more room, wanted to stand up to make our bed, and I simply fell in love with the 30ts floor plan it fits our needs wonderfully. Good luck with your research.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

30 Ts

Post by Don Wilson »

Linda said
"Take a couple of grandkids with you to the dealers, go sit in the 30 ts for a bit. Act like you are actually living in it....see if it shrinks with a couple of kids in it....lol In the end...go with what feels right."

When you're trying things pull the hide-a -bed out and see how you can get around it. When we have our hide-a- bed Couch out the person on the outside has to climb over the person on the inside to go to the toilet as the bed is against the kitchen cabinet.
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Don's right...that is the only thing I hate about our rig...if someone is sleeping on the sofa bed, it's a dance trying to get across the corner to get out the front door with our morning coffee!! What we looked for was access to the fridge, bathroom and bed when all slides were in...didn't even think about the sofa bed in relation to how you can move around when it is open. So far just kids have slept on the sofa bed and they think it's fun to be folded up inside the bed when we need to get out the front door... :lol: and it's not that often we have them with us, so we can put up with it a couple times a year.
BB_TX

Post by BB_TX »

OK. For those who have the 30TS. Can you get around the sofa bed?
With the slides in, can you get to the fridge?
I am pretty sure you can get to the bathroom.
snowidow

Post by snowidow »

We have the 30 TS and since it is towards the back of the rig we have no problem getting around. It does go right up to the recliners though, but it leaves almost 3 feet to walk to and open the fridge up. No problems.
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

BB_TX,
In a 30TS you can not get to the fridge with the slides in. Not without crawling over the counter or table. I've heard about a couple of things that can be done to alleviate this problem but haven't tried any yet.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

bop11 wrote:BB_TX,
In a 30TS you can not get to the fridge with the slides in. Not without crawling over the counter or table. I've heard about a couple of things that can be done to alleviate this problem but haven't tried any yet.
We unbolted and turned our table because of this very reason.
We don't use our sofa bed so that is not a concern to us.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

We unbolted and turned our table because of this very reason
We did the same thing. Also we can get around fine to the fridge with the slides in as long as the table is turned.Also something else to think about. We took our 20yr old son with us camping last summer, and we put the sofa under the BIG window and put the recliners where the sofa was. This way he could lay in bed more comfortably and watch tv. We moved everything back when we got ready to leave. I could still get into the fridge. :)
ODSmith
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 2007, 30TS

Table in 30TS

Post by ODSmith »

We have a 30TS on order and should take delivery in a few weeks. We are replacing a 29 LE. I would like to hear more about turning the table around to allow access to the refrigerator with the slides in. Do you fasten the table down after turning it around? If so, can more than two people sit at the table when it is turned sideways? We like to have access to the refrigerator when traveling and figured that we would plan to back off on the bedroom slide valve when we break camp then just put the kitchen slide out a foot or so to allow entry. Maybe someone who has had actual experience can offer advice. Thanks for any ideas you may like to share.
O.D. Smith
Russellville, AR
odnpat@suddenlink.net
Cardinal 2007, 30TS
Dodge Ram 03, 2500 Cummins, Stock
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

Do you fasten the table down after turning it around? If so, can more than two people sit at the table when it is
We simply unscrewed the table from the floor turn is sideways so that I can stock fridge, cabinets, etc. It would be a little tricky to sit at the table when it is moved like we talked about. So no, I quess we don't screw the table down.When we reach our destination I just turn the table back. I place a thick blanket between the table and the window when we are traveling and we only keep two chairs in the trailer.I just leave ours sitting there oh, I also put a blanket over the table incase it should tilt toward the kitchen cabinet slide. So far we have had luck with this.The only negative I can say is the blinds. I HATE THEM!! In fact today I am on a curtain hunt.Congratulations on your purchase you will love it!! What color did you get?
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

bbgun wrote:
Do you fasten the table down after turning it around? If so, can more than two people sit at the table when it is
We simply unscrewed the table from the floor turn is sideways so that I can stock fridge, cabinets, etc. It would be a little tricky to sit at the table when it is moved like we talked about. So no, I quess we don't screw the table down.When we reach our destination I just turn the table back.
Ditto! :D
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
ODSmith
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 2007, 30TS

30TS

Post by ODSmith »

We ordered Birch with Tan trim. It was not easy to choose since many of the color schemes seemed very similar.
O.D. Smith
Russellville, AR
odnpat@suddenlink.net
Cardinal 2007, 30TS
Dodge Ram 03, 2500 Cummins, Stock
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

Good neutral color. I think ours was mocha. Did I see somewhere that you are in Arkansas? Are you planning on attending the midwest rally in Branson? :?: I am referring to ODSmith...