Draining 34QS Freshwater Tank

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Draining 34QS Freshwater Tank

Post by rosey »

I'm trying to figure out how to drain my freshwater tank on our new 34QS...........There is a T- handle Valve back in the vicinity of the Tank......would the water simply drain into the sewer outlet??......dosen't seem very sanitary to me if this is the case.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

You will have at at least three plastic tubes coming out the bottom of the 5er. The one that is by itself closest to where your fresh water tank is will be the drain, just remove the cap on the end of the tube.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Drain Fresh Water Tank

Post by Don Wilson »

My 29WBLX has two drains back by the fresh water tank.

The one closet to the outside drains the waterlines and is under pressure when you first open it.

The second one which is in just about four inches farther under the trailer is the drain for the tank itself. When I drained the system I removed caps on both of them.

You will need to remove the fill cap as well when draining the tank. The trailer needs to be level or slightly higher on the side away from the drains to get all of the water out.

To remove the caps I used two sets of pliers, I held the plastic fitting with one pair and turned the cap slightly with the other. You just need to break the cap loose then you can remove it with your hand.

There are two more drain lines under the hot water heater. You do not need to drain these to drain the fresh water tank.

They are both close to each other. One drains the hot water heater and the other one drains the water lines. If I remember correctly the one on the outside drains the lines.

I hope this helps but sometimes each trailer size has a different configuration.

As for the T handle does your unit have a rear kitchen or a second bath in the area where the T handle is located? I would think that would be for a grey/black water holding tank.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Re: Draining 34QS Freshwater Tank

Post by campswithcritters »

rosey wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to drain my freshwater tank on our new 34QS...........There is a T- handle Valve back in the vicinity of the Tank......would the water simply drain into the sewer outlet??......dosen't seem very sanitary to me if this is the case.
In my experience all T-handles are sewer drains. Most Cardinals have three 1.Black Water or toilet tank 2. Galley or Kitchen tank 3. Grey or shower tank. If you have a second 1/2 bath it may also have a waste tank. I would not pull any T-handle without having the sewer hose hooked up to a dump site. Just my opinion, like the others my fresh water tank drain is a capped line.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")