50 or 30 WHICH IS BEST ? ?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Heat84
Wife and three Queens and a King
Oh yes and my best buddy Lacey my dog
Cardinal Owners: 29ft
many add on like fireplace, central vacuum wet suspension just to name a few

50 or 30 WHICH IS BEST ? ?

Post by Heat84 »

:?: Ok ! So you got me yes we are new to this ?
Well kind of . Reason is new proud owners of a 29'fifth wheel.
My question is this ?
For sum reason when check in at a campground if given the option of either 30 AMP service or 50 AMP service which should I take.
:idea: would be the 50amp. but not sure why?
Thank YOU going out on our first week end April 20 to the 23 short one but want to check thing out and not planning on going to far in case something should not work properly.
MIKE & BRENDA
29'WBL FIFTH WHEEL
2006 FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY LARIATE
ALL THE WHISTLE AND BELLS
Full time summer
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Mike,

We have discussed the difference between 30 amps and 50 amps on the post listed below.

But in short if you keep the usage of powered items below 30 amps used at one time a 30 amp service is fine for weekend camping.

http://cardinalrvclub.org/phpbb/viewtop ... highlight=
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi Mike

It seems that the rule-of-thumb is that unless you have a second air-conditioner and you run both at the same time you don't draw over 30A. If your trailer works on a 30A circuit there is no "advantage" to plugging into a 50A circuit. I suppose if you get down to the nitty-gritty you could have less neutral-ground voltage drop with the 50A but I don't think that is terribly relevant in the RV world.

Rob