Water Filter Drain

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Water Filter Drain

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Has anyone come up with a way to drain some of the water off so the filter housing can be removed without spilling water everywhere? I thought about putting a drain valve in the bottom of the housing but I am afraid it would leak. :shock: Anyone have any ideas?
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

I have enough room under mine to fit a small high sided plastic tray (from wal-mart of course) it catches the filter & bowl as well as stray water.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Heat84
Wife and three Queens and a King
Oh yes and my best buddy Lacey my dog
Cardinal Owners: 29ft
many add on like fireplace, central vacuum wet suspension just to name a few

Post by Heat84 »

:oops: Hello !
Well I just went through the same thing with the water getting the interior wet. All because I wanted to install a fliter in the housing. I would be very interested if you find something that work's PLEASE LET US KNOW?
Thank you :idea:
MIKE & BRENDA
29'WBL FIFTH WHEEL
2006 FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY LARIATE
ALL THE WHISTLE AND BELLS
Full time summer
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

This is what DH did: Take a two gallon ziploc bag. Pull it up over the filter from the bottom. Unscrew the filter while INSIDE the bag. The water, and filter will drop into the bag where all water is contained. Worked great!
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Seems the only time I take mine out is at the end of the year. I leave a faucet open and hit the system with air. If I need to change it earlier I just put a towel under it.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Tim

Post by Tim »

I have gotten to where I rarely put mine in because it does decrease water pressure to a degree in the shower. I just have a PUR water filter pitcher I keep in the fridge and that supplies all the filtered water I need. When I do use one and then remove it, I have a one gallon bucket I put under it to catch any dripping water and also a towel as a backstop. I also, open the taps to relieve the pressure on the system.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Tim wrote:I have gotten to where I rarely put mine in because it does decrease water pressure to a degree in the shower. I just have a PUR water filter pitcher I keep in the fridge and that supplies all the filtered water I need. When I do use one and then remove it, I have a one gallon bucket I put under it to catch any dripping water and also a towel as a backstop. I also, open the taps to relieve the pressure on the system.
Sounds about like me Tim, I put in a sediment filter not a drinking water type, just takes out the big chunks but lets the water flow.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
walmor
Cardinal Owners: 2007 29RKLE

Filter Leaks

Post by walmor »

I just cut a gallon milk jug in half and it is flexable enough to tip it under the filter and leave it there. It will almost hold as much water as the filter will. Cheap also.

Walt
Wally and Linda Morton
2007 29RKLE
2004.5 Dodge QC 2500