MORRYDE OR TRAILAIR

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
JOE33060
Cardinal Owners: 2006 36-2BHLE

MORRYDE OR TRAILAIR

Post by JOE33060 »

Can anyone say which brand is better. I like the Trailair because of the airbag I think it will take some of the hard hitting out of bumpy roads. But the Morryde looks like it will make stopping feel better. Not sure which way to go.
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
2008 Ford F350 CC King Ranch
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Joe, Please clarify are you talking pinboxes? If so check out fifthairborne they absorb both directions. I have the trailair because I bought one before 5thairborne was in business. The trailair works as advertised, but with a do-over I would check out something that aborbs both. Also consider putting air bags on the truck and buying the mor-ryde for best of both worlds. Just had mor-ryde suspension and disc brakes put on my trailer and am having a brake caliper hanging up, so far looks like they back the product as a new caliper, hub & disc with bearings is being shipped to me now. Trail air also sent me a missing bolt for my pinbox quickly with no questioned asked so seems both have good support.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
roger5438
Cardinal Owners: 05 30WBLE

MORRYDE OR TRAILAIR

Post by roger5438 »

I have the Trailair Pin box. Have observed that it reacts at startup and when stopping. Can tell if trailer brakes are fully stopping the trailer or just assisting by how the pin box reacts when I apply the brakes. Don't know that it takes out as much push/pull as the MORRYDE , but certainly seems (to me) that it is taking out some of it from my observations.roger
Roger & Sandy
Anchorage, AK
'05 30WBLE w/TrailAir Pinbox & Centerpoint suspension
'06 Ford PSD 4x4
ONAN 4300 Watt gen in tv
JOE33060

Post by JOE33060 »

Sorry I was talking about pinboxs. Im putting airbags on my truck but thought a air pinbox would be better. If I wanted to go with the 5TH Airborne would you still put the airbags on. Im glad that Morryde is taking care of your problem is nice to know you can get service when you have a problem.
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
campswithcritters
exempt member

JOE33060 wrote:Sorry I was talking about pinboxs. Im putting airbags on my truck but thought a air pinbox would be better. If I wanted to go with the 5TH Airborne would you still put the airbags on. Im glad that Morryde is taking care of your problem is nice to know you can get service when you have a problem.
Air bags can be used to bring the truck off the helper springs which will help ride in the truck, but so does the trail air, I believe the fifthsirborne would absorb both the up/down and the fore/aft. I agree with Roger, just checking the rearview mirror tells me if I am pulling or the trailer is pushing. Basically they all seem to be good products and would be a personnal choice depending on what motions you want to reduce. Not very decisive I know! :D
jamespatrick4

Post by jamespatrick4 »

We are picking up our 36-2BH tomorrow and initially decided to go with the Trailair since that was the only air ride pin box offered as an option. However, the dealer also sells the 5th Airborne and suggested I do some research and make a decision once the trailer is delivered, which I did. I decided on the 5th Airborne and will post back once I have had an opportunity to try it out this weekend.

While this doesn't answer your question directly, it might give you another option to consider (unless you are like me and too many options just makes things confusing!).
campswithcritters
exempt member

jamespatrick4 wrote:We are picking up our 36-2BH tomorrow and initially decided to go with the Trailair since that was the only air ride pin box offered as an option. However, the dealer also sells the 5th Airborne and suggested I do some research and make a decision once the trailer is delivered, which I did. I decided on the 5th Airborne and will post back once I have had an opportunity to try it out this weekend.

While this doesn't answer your question directly, it might give you another option to consider (unless you are like me and too many options just makes things confusing!).
James, Please do let us know how that 5th Airborne works, inquiring minds want to know!
JOE33060

Post by JOE33060 »

Thanks for the replies. To be honest with you I really dont think the truck rides too bad while towing the 5er. After reading in here and other forums i just thought I could lose some of the banging on start and stops and the way it bounces on long bridges. As far as the truck goes when I hookup the truck sits level and it only has stock F350 springs. I think Im going to look at the 5th Airborne some more because it seems to have everything.
Thanks again
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
MARK33062
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BHLE

Post by MARK33062 »

I just installed Firestone Air Bags on my F350 4x4 SD w/ Singlr rear wheels and thay are exceptional - I'm currently on a trip to S. Carolina and they made a difference in leveling the truck ( w/ only 25 lbs pressure in them ) Now I looking to resolve the front oto rear chucking. I looked @ the Mor Ryde and it looked like frt to rear and sids to side was its speciaty. How well does the 5th air borne feel w/ truck mounted airbags ??

Also in speaking w/ other RV'ers @ Point South - They state that South Carolina I-95 is a GREAT test road for any suspension. The road and bridges SUCK !!

Looking forward for responses....
MARK & KATHY
2007 - 36-2BHLE
2010 - DODGE/ RAM 3500 HEAVY DUTY Crew Cab 4x4 Dually (6.7) Cummins
campswithcritters
exempt member

MARK33062 wrote:Also in speaking w/ other RV'ers @ Point South - They state that South Carolina I-95 is a GREAT test road for any suspension. The road and bridges SUCK !!
Sorry not a true test road. I have driven that, but no comparison to I-30 & 40 thru Arkansas or I-10 thru Louisiana and if you feel brave I-59 thru northern Alabama (critterenter will back me on that one). If you can drive those 3 with more than a quarter cup remaining in your coffee...you have good suspension! Sorry to say our wonderful country's highway system is suffering from tax money going elsewhere, but any suspesion upgrade is worthwhile (wish they were deductable)! 8)
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello,

It will be ones choice on what they choose and how they feel about there purchase.
Trailair and the 5th Airborne work the same way from a engineering design.
They cannot copy each others design but they work the same, only the pivit point is reversed.

Look at the this drawing that shows how the systems are designed to work, just turn it around for the 5th Airbone only Mor-ride is designed completely different and will move side to side but is very limit in its movement.
They work great also. I said this before I do not think there is a better, best or very best when looking to purchase. I do think once you have any of the three you will never own a fifth wheel without one of the three again.

George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW