Update on repaired slide out problem!

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Update on repaired slide out problem!

Post by markj »

Hi folks:

Thought I'd give a report on my previous posts concerning my kitchen slide that caught at the top when out and coming in, plus unlevel, etc. issues. I finally got the rig back yesterday after 3 weeks in the shop at Apache Camping Center in Everett for warranty work. I'm giving you the name of my dealer because too often RVers rip on dealers for doing things wrong, and I can report that Apache did GOOD!

The delay was that Forest River took 2-3 days each time the dealer called them to return the calls on how to properly repair the slide. I guess the wood inside the rubber at the top of the slide (just behind the facia) was too short from the factory--which caused the slide to drop down too far at the top and catch. It also kept it from being level. So, they had to tear it all apart, replacing the "staples" from the factory with screws, etc., so my repair should be "better" than factory made! Hope, hope.

And the steps that were bent from lots of demo use, Apache not only straightened them, but installed an additional piece of angle iron to support the underbuilt steps! They found 20 (count em, 20!) water connection terminals that were loose!

And, finally, the outside right-side large storage door was caught by the wind and hit the awning brace, cracking the door. I didn't tell Apache about it, as I figured it was my fault for not securing the door. Well, Apache fixed it anyway!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm going on a quick 4 nite camp out to check everything, but as of now it looks good. (sorry for the "book") Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Don't worry about the "book"...we are happy to read about success stories!! There are more good dealers out there, it just seems like they all get lumped in with the not so good ones. Hoorays to Apache for doing it good!!