Under bed storage area-Check it!

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Tim

Under bed storage area-Check it!

Post by Tim »

We got back from a camping weekend Sunday and I was running the slides out to take stuff out and clean. As the bedroom slide started out, all of a sudden the rear portion of the bed came up from the floor about four inches and then dropped down again. I stopped the operation and lifted up the mattress to see what happened. Long stry short, when we had re-stowed some bedding in the storage area when we were packing up, the one screw holding the storage tray in place ripped out causing the storage tray to become free floating and a pair of sandals and a blanket fell to the floor in the slide-out mechanism area. I removed everything and ran the slide in an out and no damage had occurred. Then, I put four screws, one on each side and two in the rear to hold the tray in place. So, check your storage tray and make sure the one screw FR put in there is holding, better yet, add a couple more. Tim
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

I appreciate the heads up -- this is something we can easily watch for and avoid potential problems!