Purchasing a New Cardinal Fifth Wheel

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Pineberry

Purchasing a New Cardinal Fifth Wheel

Post by Pineberry »

My husband and I looked at Fifth Wheels for the first time this afternoon. We liked the Cardinal Fifth Wheel. I tried to do some research and didn't have much luck. Do you think they are well made and hold up well? We have never had a camper of any kind. There are two of us and our two large dogs that go places. Dog shows, Agility Trials and visiting friends and family. We have a 2006 GMC 2500 Crew Cab with the Diesel Engine and Alison Transmission. We are looking for recommendations that might work well for us, with this type of truck. Thanks.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Pineberry, we were just like you....when we met, my husband had never been camping. We shopped and poured over the forums, mainly rv.net and got all the info we could get and then some. We started off with a 1/2 ton truck, quickly realized we could not get the quality we wanted, so moved up to a 3/4 ton truck and chose the Cardinal as our "home on wheels" and have not regreted it for one moment!
Awfahey
Cardinal Owners: Deceased Cardinal owner

Post by Awfahey »

I have the same Tow Vehicle (TV) as you do and pull a Cardinal 30TS with no problem. I looked at several 5th wheels before buying mine. I think that for the money it is a well made rig and I like the side and front storage space that some of the others didn't have.
2005 HD2500 GMC, D/A
2005 Cardinal 30TS
Judy & Al
R & D

Post by R & D »

Hello Pineberry.....My husband & I just went thru "info overload" We too researched several 5th wheel and TV's. Visited every dealer...every web site I could find and asked hundreds of questions.
We love or Cardinal 30RKLE and tow her with a 2006 Ram 2500 CD. After a few trips out now we found only minor problems and the dealer already took care of them. As with any major purchase anyone can have problems. Just make sure you find a good dealer and I would suggest close to your home so when/if problems come up, you don't have to far to drop her off.
Alot of people told us to go with the floor plan for your needs that you like the most....so true! Ours happened to be the Cardinal.....not to mention there are alot of nice people in this "Cardinal Family"

Good luck...happy hunting!
Roy & Dayna
NM
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Pineberry.....We purchased our 34qs Cardinal in Feb. and have had several pesky problems thus far, defective hot water element, loose plumbing fittings, defective faucett, defective light switch, to name a few. You will have minor defects such as these on ANY RV that you purchase. The most important thing that you can do is find a REPUTABLE dealer. Ours (DALY RV in Goldsboro, North Carolina) is top notch and has gone the extra mile to make sure that we are totally satisfied.....that is the most important thing in my opinion. Aside from the minor problems we do love our Cardinal and think that it is a good value for the money.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Owning ours for almost 2 years, about 30,000 miles towed, and 7 months of living full-time it has held up very well. Only minor problems as others have stated. I whole-heartedly agrree with the above that nothing is as important as a floor plan that works for you. Good luck in your search, but we do hope you join the Cardinal family.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")