Broken Cable Guide

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Rob & Cathy

Broken Cable Guide

Post by Rob & Cathy »

This morning Cathy an I went out to the trailer to extend the slides and start loading up for this weekend. I noticed that there were wires hanging down under the living room slide. Once Cathy moved the slide out I was able to take a look and found the Following:
As you can see the guide that retains the cables as the slide moves in an out broke off at the slide attachment.

Here's a more detailed look:
The guide has four mounting holes but appears that they only used the top two.

Fortunately I was able to use the remaining two holes, I also added some washers, for a quick fix but I have to wonder if it would have broken if all four holes had been used.
My plan for the long run is get a new guide from Cardinal an use all four holes.

Rob
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Rob,

I seen this same problem on other sites and have been watching mine. Others have installed a hinge to reduce stress in the pivit point, I my also use a strip of teflon that will never crack under any conditions. I think the hinge will work.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Thanks George, those are good ideas. Where would I get the Teflon?

Rob
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Rob,

McMaster Carr.com sells just about any item you will every need, about 10 times the size of Home-Depot online.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW