Got The New 2006 37RL

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
djd93

Got The New 2006 37RL

Post by djd93 »

Got the 37RL on Wednesday. Since we live somewhat close we drove from the dealers lot to a County campground in Greene County we go to often. **Side bar- If traveling through Iowa and have time great place to stay. Not full hookups but 50 amp all sites, sites good size, and very freindly campground***. This being our 5th camper and having a oung person show us around did not waste much time on dealivery. Should have you will note later. It was windy about 37mph gusts out of the south.We traveled about 7 miles east then 23 miles north into Jefferson. Thought it was odd could hear like I was hitting trees. Turned right onto 30 and My wife saw the awning out and blowing around!!! Called the dealer and they came out and cut it off and took it off. This was after we spent over 1/2 hour holding down the awning after the front arm broke off and we were headed east wind hitting the awning side in the open country. The guy that came was great but his question after he cut it off was "did you contact your insurance company yet?" As my face started to turn red and blood preasure went up. I kept quiet and they said they would contact Dometic on the awning. Short story they are covering it. Bad thing without looking for problems I have found over 15 including my propane tanks empty. Not fun when you want to boil water. And being told all RV's have their issues did not set well with me. I am a service manager at a multi-line new car dealer and if we delievered even a used $5,000 unit with this many problems and even said as is. I could piss and whine about the minute things but I know they will be taken care of and the time we spent in this unit we found it is what we want. I do not like the new dark color o the paint so a 2006 is good for me.
Shawn.L.Turbo

Post by Shawn.L.Turbo »

My face would have been red also if they asked me about insurance after driving off the lot.

It's pretty bad if they said they were going to fill the LPG tanks and left them empty. Really bad service indeed. Things like that should not be overlooked for a customer buying a fairly costly rig.

Dealers can make a buying experience either really good or really bad. Our dealer was nothing to write home about either, believe me.
Half the time I felt like I knew more than they did.

Anyway, I've found the best thing to do is just fix up the minor things, forget about it, and enjoy your time in the RV. Don't refer any friends there.

Anyway, congratulations on your 37RL !!!

Shawn
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Shawn.L.Turbo wrote:Dealers can make a buying experience either really good or really bad. Shawn
Amen to that! Sorry to hear that you had such an awful experience and now have the inconvenience of dealing with the repair. Hopefully they will make amends and get everything back in line for you. It's amazing that some dealers will nickle and dime a rig down to not including propane - that's just insulting to me - I can understand your frustration. :evil:

Hopefully everything will be plain sailing once you get everything squared away - and I hope you'll have plenty of great camping experiences you can come back and share with us. :)
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

If they didn't fill the propane tanks, how did they check the stove, heater, frig?????
Take it back to them and make them do it!
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
gdc4christ

Post by gdc4christ »

Being a Service Advisor for the #2 Chrysler dealer in the country, that is just poor sales and service performance. I would let Forrest River know, as they can put some pressure on the dealer. :x :x

I am from Kansas now but grew up in Dunlap, Ia know where Perry is.
djd93

Post by djd93 »

They say time heals all wounds, or mabe I just get older and realize in 100 years what happens today like this will not matter. We have spend since Sunday geting ready for our summer vacation. Not a long trip, about 185 miles one way, but relaxing. Desided I will compile a list with dated photos and keep e-mailing them to them and hold judgment till the end. They say they will take care of me we will see. I believe they will I just wish it would have been PDI'ed like we new new cars. If anyones tow vehicle woud be delievered this way, never mind, I do not want to think it would be possible. Brings the question"Why do we let RV manufatures off the hook compaired to our tow vehicle?" Most of the time you get up in this range of camper the tow vehicle cost about the same or less. I could stew each night but life is too short. I will be like the emperor with out any clothes except I will be the camper without an awning. Heck, I can use a tan anyway this week.