shower caulk

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
jj051797

shower caulk

Post by jj051797 »

hello,

I just bought a new Cardinal 31rkt I have noticed that when you look in the shower, on the left and on right it is caulked. But not all the way around is this normal?
Tim

Post by Tim »

I think it depends on whether the model is the LE or high end as to what they do with the shower. The top of mine is not caulked and the bottom just sat in the base. I went out and purchsed some 3M 5200 white Marine Adhesive Sealant (part #05203) and did the base of the shower with that. Takes a few days to cure, but seals and holds. Got it at Walmart in the boating section. For the sides I used clear silicone and also put some doublesided tape between the tops sides and rig wall.
Welcome to the forum.
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

Is it true that that area needs air to properly dry the condensation from the inside of the shower walls? I had thought to not seal it to allow it to dry properly. Am I right?
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
mike & linda
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3030RS

Post by mike & linda »

great question. I have the same problem. seems to me it might be better to not let the water get in their to start with. can't wait to hear replies. :)
2006 F250 PSD CC
2013 3030RS 5er (The Load & Go}
DW & #1 Son
Tim

Post by Tim »

The top walls of my shower are open, that seems to be enough to let the air circulate. Check other models, one the high end showers, all the bases around the shower base tub are sealed. I base this on looking at Montanas.