Owner's Manual?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Shawn.L.Turbo

Owner's Manual?

Post by Shawn.L.Turbo »

Is there such a thing for these trailers?

I was trying to find out the manufacturers recommendation for jacking (to replace tires), but I don't have an owners manual.

Is there such thing for these?

Thanks,

Shawn
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Yes Shawn, Forest River does provide a small and sketchy owners manual, if I had a scanner I could send, but no scanner sorry. Recommendations for jacking are on the frame near the axle. If you must jack the axle do so only right at the leaf spring attach point to that axle. If not too heavy it is possible to steeply ramp up the other tire and it will bring the one in front or to the rear off the ground (not highly recommended but good for an emergency tire change) Camping world sells a ramp for this purpose.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Jacking

Post by Don Wilson »

Shawn,

I found that you need to use a bottle jack when jacking it as a floor jack will not fit on the axle jacking point under the shackle. If you try to jack it on the axle away from the shackle you can bend the axle.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5