2006 31BHLE

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
phillieagle

2006 31BHLE

Post by phillieagle »

I have located this unit and it has never been used. But reading the forums also does not seem to be a common unit. I have put money down on it but can still walk away. Is there something I should know about the unit. I really like the way it feels when inside.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

31bhle

Post by Don Wilson »

The reason it is not as common as some is that unit has bunks and most people are empty nesters and don't require the need for bunks. I looked at that unit before I bought with the thought of turning the bunk area into an office!

What you need to do is look at what floor plan works best for you and what will best serve your needs! If the 31bhle fills these needs then it is what you should purchase regardless of how popular it is!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
phillieagle

Post by phillieagle »

Desire the Bunkhouse the Common one seems to be the 36. Larger than I want just suprised to see none of this size.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Like Don said...if it fits you and your needs, go for it!! By the way...welcome to the club and keep us posted on what you decide.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

I haven't looked at the new floorplans but their are only two floor plans with the bunks made by Forest River in 06 the 31ft and 36ft.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

I believe everyone bought the floor plan that suits them, we are a limited number of owners and none too many own the same model. I have not heard any negative response on any particular model. If it works for you, buy it, we'll try to help through any problems. Basically, get what you like, and suits your needs. Many models are not on the website including mine, and it never was, it is called a 34 RLT and has an unusual island/U-shaped kitchen and 3 slides, it was never on forest river's website, but we sure enjoy!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

As others have said, I don't think there is anything wrong with that model - it's just not as popular as some. That said - we haven't found anyone withour model either :? There are models that are similar to ours but not exactly the same. Think of yourself as unique! 8) :D If you have any other questions just let us know. As everyone else has said - if you believe that floorplan is going to work well for you, then in the end that's all that you have to worry about.
jamespatrick4

Post by jamespatrick4 »

One reason you might not have found any others with that model is that it is similar to many entry level to lower/mid-range units out there. I might be wrong, but it seems that people with those units trade up to units like the 36-2BHLE. We were in that position. We had a model from a different manufacturer that was similar to the 31BHLE so when we decided to trade, it was more for the purpose of upgrading so the 31BHLE was not even a consideration. Thus, there is nothing wrong with the unit or layout. Pick the layout you like, and that you can tow safely, and go with that.