Washer/Dryer

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
rcobb

Washer/Dryer

Post by rcobb »

We are looking at new units ( 37RL ) and wanted to know if anyone has the washer/dryer installed. Which brands, do they work well, are they worth the money ? I have heard you can only wash/dry 1 pair of jeans at a time.

Ricky
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Ricky, Ours actually does 2 pair of jeans just fine. We have the single unit Splendide 2100S due to space restrictions, would prefer the stacking units but no room in here. What to be careful of is you want a vented unit that uses heat to dry, some use condensation method and will not dry in your humid climate. That is from personal experience and the reason critterrenter got a $100 bargain on a non-vented non-drying unit. We find the unit very helpful, especially in inclimate weather when laundry runs can be messy. We do 1 load a day or skip a day and do 2 loads, I find it useful and worth it if you can afford the 125lbs it weighs.
Bruce
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I've got the condensation dryer unit CWC is talking about. I don't want to give it up until I get the washer/dryer that uses real heat. But I do have to do the laundromat thing.
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

This is totally off topic....but are you guys looking for a new camper just to get the lamp table? :lol: :wink: Just kidding - I assume that you are getting close to your short term full timing?
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Ricky....that 37 RL is an awesome unit!! Let us know when you get it and send some pics!!
rcobb

Post by rcobb »

Jenny

I can't believe you remembered the lamp table issue.:lol: We are giving up and just buying a new unit :) The house is on the market and as soon as it sells we will be full timing for a a couple of years. will see..

Ricky
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

We have a new 34qs with the Splended washer /dryer combo (vented). and have been extremely pleased with it's performance. My wife has done many loads of laundry with no problems (knock on wood :lol: ) and excellent results.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Let me correct that...we have the stackable washer/ dryer set-up. [/b]
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
nvken
Cardinal Owners: 2008 37 RL

Post by nvken »

We have a new 37RL and brought our Splendide 2000 with us from out last 5th wheel. It really does work (vented) and saves all those trips to the laundromat.
Ken & Carol

2008 Cardinal 37RL
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Quad Cab, Cummins.
Furry feline campers: Maxwell & Oliver
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

rcobb wrote:Jenny

I can't believe you remembered the lamp table issue.:lol: We are giving up and just buying a new unit :) The house is on the market and as soon as it sells we will be full timing for a a couple of years. will see..

Ricky
:lol: I'm good at remembering the small, insignificant stuff :lol: I just remember how Dee was very unimpressed by the fact that ya'll didn't get the table. I wish I knew someone that wanted a VERY nice, well maintained Bird - you'rs is really beautiful. Good luck with the sale of the house, the new unit you are looking at is an really nice upgrade......just make sure it has the table. :wink:
skymyles

Post by skymyles »

We ordered the stackable Splendide/by Ariston Washer dryer from CW, all told about $1300 on sale. I did the install myself, had to cut the outlet pipe about 10 inches, and install a dryer vent but it works like a champ.
Tinner

Post by Tinner »

We have the stacked Kennmore and it does 4 pair of jeans when I do it and 3 when the DW does it. You can also rewire it so you can use the washer and dryer at the same time.