E-Z Flex Equalizer

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
gmarker
Cardinal Owners: 2005 29WBLE

E-Z Flex Equalizer

Post by gmarker »

I am going to upgrade my shackles to greasable bronse bushings and am considering putting the E-Z Flex Equalizer from Dexter on while I have everything apart. The price seems reasonable and it appears that it would improve the suspension, at least to some degree. Has anyone out there had any experiance with these things and if so, can you comment on them? Thanks,
GERRY & KAY
2005 29WBLE
20011 FORD F250 LARIOT 6.7 POWERSTROKE
MAX the WONDERCAT
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Gerry,

Forest River now installs Trailair Equa-flex flexible Equalizers on their trailers. It is a option and many dealers are ordering them from the factory installed because its the next best thing to Trailair Center Point air ride or Mor-Ride at a huge reduced cost. The Equa-flex is designed to replace the standard cast iron equalizer between the leaf spring suspension. I read that the Equalizer provides a reduction in road shock by 53-60% according to Roush Industries, Inc ( a test that was completed 4/24/06.

Trailair says that it is a rubber cushioned equalizer for replacement of the standard ridged equalizer used with double eye leaf spring suspensions on light axles up to 8000lbs. The Equal-Flex unique design does not require any special mounting systems to the trailer frame because it bolts into the industry standard suspension hangers in a direct replacement of the ridge equalizer. In addition it allows the same rotation as the standard ridged equalizer enabling Equa-Flex the same equalization of the loads capability. This benefit set Equa-Flex apart from other rubber suspension products found on the market today.

Trailair was a family run company before Lippert bought them, the family is back and operating Trailair products for Lippert.

Kara sent this information to a friend of mine about the Equa-Flex.

Equa-Flex is a rubber filled flexible equalizer for double eye leaf spring suspensions. This product is designed as an improvement over the standard equalizer that is found on the majority of RV fifth wheel and bumper pull trailers. It's a very nice step in between the standard equalizer and an air ride replacement product such as the Trailair® Center Point(tm) system. It acts as a dampener to reduce damaging vibrations that occur in the center of the standard suspension. We like to comment that it's the difference between hitting something with a steel hammer and a rubber mallet. The great thing about Equa-Flex is that the harder you hit it, the better it performs.

All we need to know if the make, model, length and year of your trailer, as well as a pretty good idea of what the load on the four tires is when the trailer is loaded and connected to the truck, so that we can size the correct Equa-Flex version of the trailer size.

Installation is simple. You replace the standard equalizer with the Equa-Flex component and reconnect the shackle plates and you are done. There is nothing else to do and very little maintenance.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Respectfully,
Kara Hunt
Trailair, Inc
409 Vandiver West, 6-201
Columbia, MO 65202
800-998-4238
cell 573-489-4238

I think the price is about $200 dollars and you can get the bronze bushing and zirk fitting bolts for greasing about $4.00 each.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
gmarker
Cardinal Owners: 2005 29WBLE

Post by gmarker »

Thanks for the info, George.
GERRY & KAY
2005 29WBLE
20011 FORD F250 LARIOT 6.7 POWERSTROKE
MAX the WONDERCAT
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Gerry,

If you planning on installing the system yourself, it will take about 8 hours to do.

I can write up a step by step how to install instructions and post them if you plan on doing the work yourself.

Just let me know, it may take me a day or so to post.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW