31rk or 30rk

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
bayoubengal
Cardinal Owners: 2008 31RKLE

31rk or 30rk

Post by bayoubengal »

I am torn between these two models. I viewed both models, but not at the same time. I am trying to find out how the kitchen storage compares between the two. When I looked at the 30RK they have drawers in the peninsula making the corner storage very difficult to get to. If I remember correctly the 31RK had a better setup, but I have looked at so many RV's I don't trust my memory. Also, the 31RK will provide access to the fridge on the road.

I also would like some input on how everyone feels about the bath/bedroom combo in the 31RK. The 30RK had a separate bath but seemed to really tighten up the bedroom. I seem to be leaning toward more space.

Your opinions and experiences would be greatly apporeciated.
Vince & Kim
2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, SRW, D/A, Extended Cab, LB
2008 31RKLE
Nights Camped:
'02--74 '06--122 '10--24
'03--59 '07--47 '11--44
'04--83 '08--98 '12--76
'05--99 '09--84
R & D

Post by R & D »

Hello....We have a 2007 30RK...and love it! As for the "full bathroom", we have found that it's great. So much more privacy. There's plenty of room in the bedroom and really, how much time do you spend in there?? Plenty of storage. I even still have some empty cabinets(yes, I know..my husband still can't figure that one out)
Good luck to you!
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

I have the 31RK--2006. I looked at both also--and yes--the refrigerator is available with the slide in--handy for rest stops! The pantry is blocked, but much better than a blocked refrig., we thought.

There's just the two of us, and I like to be able to have the toilet available without affecting the shower/sink/bedroom. We love it.
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Me&Margie
Cardinal Owners: '07 31RKLE

Post by Me&Margie »

For us the large counter & storage space in the kitchen was the deciding factor. When one of us desires a little privacy in the bed/bath area we just close the slider. You'll have to decide where you will be spending the most time when you are in the rig and go from there. Good Luck!!
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
'06 F-250 PSD S/C 4X2, Hijacker, Line-X.
KWW

30RK

Post by KWW »

New member here and new '08 model 30RK ordered today! The crazy thing here is we took some good friends with us to look at our potential new unit for their input and they bought the 31RK on the lot, we ordered our 30RK the same day. They really liked the 30RK and almost ordered the same unit, but she loves to cook so they bought the 07 on the lot because of the extra pantry storage and a good deal. We certainly made that salesmans day! We liked the fireplace option, 32" LCD, private bath, and feel the kitchen layout was great. Oh my! are we excited to get it in August.
You really have to make your own choice as to the feel of the unit when you are in it. Take your time, relax, talk about the function and feel, then go for it. Good Luck.
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

KWW,
Congrats to you and your friends. You are going to make them wait for you to get your new Bird before they make their maiden voyage, right?? :lol:
Welcome to the club!!
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
bayoubengal
Cardinal Owners: 2008 31RKLE

Post by bayoubengal »

Thanks for all the responses. I thought there may be a little more storage in the 31RK. But our dealer only has the 30RK on the lot right now. So I can't really get a side by side comparison. We saw the 31RK back in April at Camping show, and at the time the 30RK wasn't available.

There are no other Cardinal dealers within 150 mile radius.
Vince & Kim
2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, SRW, D/A, Extended Cab, LB
2008 31RKLE
Nights Camped:
'02--74 '06--122 '10--24
'03--59 '07--47 '11--44
'04--83 '08--98 '12--76
'05--99 '09--84
Kamiki

Post by Kamiki »

We have the 30RK and love it. When we pull over for a stop or what ever, I usually have no problem finding a wide spot to put the slide out. This solves the fridge problem. Have fun.[/quote][/code]
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

bayoubengal wrote: There are no other Cardinal dealers within 150 mile radius.
Did you check out Stevens RV in Lafayette?? That's where lindabud bought her bird.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is the street side back window in the 30rk. You can see the back area of the trailer from the dining table or the sofa. Just a thought.

Rob
tschmalz

30 rkle

Post by tschmalz »

I looked at both rigs prior to ordering my 30 rkle. I have now had it for a couple of months and have no doubt I made the right choice. The refer. problem is no big deal--it only takes 10-15 seconds to put the slides in and out and I can't imagine parking my rig somewhere so tight where the slide can't go out. The entry way to the bedroom being all the way to the door side, in my opinion, offers a little more privacy from the main living area. The large, enclosed bathroom was the one feature that really sold my wife on this unit. She loved the privacy it offers and if I take a shower after she is already asleep ,she doesn't hear a thing.

Good luck with your pick. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.