Proud new owners of 2007 TS30

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Judi
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30 TS

Proud new owners of 2007 TS30

Post by Judi »

We are now proud new owners of the TS30. Got a deal we could not pass up. Have camped twice in the last 2 weeks and are getting ready to take off for Tunica for about 5 days on Saturday. It has the front hydraulic landing gears. When we took the red bird out for the first outing, we had to have help backing up but soon there were about 10 people around our site wanting to see the inside and how those landing gears worked. Everyone agreed that they all wished they had them. Have not had a chance to use the central vac system yet! Linda, you have a photo posted on the "Order your flag" heading and you were in Arkansas. Can you tell me which park that was at and what site....it is beautiful. I can just picture myself sitting there, either outside by the lake or inside viewing the lake from my humungous back window!!!! At Natalbany Creek Campground in Amite, Louisiana, we were side by side with another cardinal. He did not know that a Cardinal RV Club existed and I told him about it. He was president of a Good Sam local chapter in Louisiana. Trying to spread the word!!!!! :)
Judi
Full Timer Want-to-be
2007 TS30
2004 Chevy 2500HD 6.6L D'Max
bayoubengal
Cardinal Owners: 2008 31RKLE

Post by bayoubengal »

Judi, Is the 2500HD handeling that 2000# plus pin weight on that 30TS without any difficulty?
Vince & Kim
2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, SRW, D/A, Extended Cab, LB
2008 31RKLE
Nights Camped:
'02--74 '06--122 '10--24
'03--59 '07--47 '11--44
'04--83 '08--98 '12--76
'05--99 '09--84
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Judi....that pic was at Tar Camp in Redfield, Arkansas. A core of engineer park. It was very nice...that site was A10...after we parked we took a bike ride to look around and the D sites were even better!! Natalbany Creek is just a few miles from home and we've never camped there....Tickfaw State Park is great also!!

Congrats on your new rig!! Just about every time we go somewhere, someone wants to see the inside...lol and who can resist showing off????
Judi

Post by Judi »

Bayoubengel.....we havent experienced any difference....while driving we have to look in the rear view mirror to make sure it is still following! LOL! :D
Judi
Full Timer Want-to-be
2007 TS30
Judi

Post by Judi »

Linda, is that full hookups at that park? I just hate the idea of having to go dump every few days. We are still learning how to back up! Thankfully someone was so kind to back her up for us in Natalbany. When you go to Natalbany, make sure you get a site along the lake. We were at #97 and I dont recommend that because spaces are so close together and soooooooooo many kids riding scooters going faster than the 5mph speedlimit unsupervised. And not watching where they are going but around the lake would seem to me to be a better and prettier place to camp.
Judi
Full Timer Want-to-be
2007 TS30
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Judi, Just keep practicing on that backing up. Hand at the bottom of the steering wheel and turn it the same way you want the rear of the trailer to go! Don't forget going forward is your best friend when you cut it too early or too late, nothing to be embarrassed about. I have pulled 5th wheels over 60,000 miles forward and still miss the first attempt to back in every time.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Judi wrote:We are still learning how to back up! Thankfully someone was so kind to back her up for us in Natalbany.
Hi Judi, congratulations on your new rig. It sounds like your enjoying the bird and getting out quite a bit. Don't worry about the backing up that just takes some time and practice. If you get a chance while on the road you may want to find a large open area in a parking lot and experiment to see how the trailer moves when you turn the truck in a certain direction.

Rob
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

Oh ya..backing up! :shock: We are STILL working on that one! I say we all just got to get out there more! Perfect excuse anyway. 8)
Judi

Post by Judi »

Thanks for all of the nice comments. I am definitely going to try the ol "hands on the bottom of the steering wheel trick" and see if it helps. We also have a wide open parking lot that will be visited soon by us. :)
Judi
Full Timer Want-to-be
2007 TS30
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Judi wrote:I am definitely going to try the ol "hands on the bottom of the steering wheel trick" and see if it helps.
It really works Judy, I just put a hand down there and watch the mirrors. If I want the trailer to go left (drivers side mirror) I move my hand to the left. Once it gets turned a bit I usually then just turn my head and can see the back end of the trailer. We also carry a pair of walkie talkies so the wife can keep an eye on the side I can't see and only uses it if I'm about to hit a tree or picnic table etc. Don't forget to first check for low hanging tree limbs that could do roof damage!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")