Dinette Booth vs Free Standing Table & Chairs

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Post by Donpop »

When we special ordered our 2000 32CKT we ordered the free standing table and chairs. Part was due to being able to turn the table with the slide out in and still squeeze through to get to the fridge. The other was we just thought we would like them better than the booth. We are now thinking about ordering a 2008 34TS or a 34QS. I'm leaning toward the 34QS. The fridge on both of these floor plans is now straight across from the door so access is no longer an issue. Today my wife said perhaps we would be more satisfied with the booth(storage is no an issue) because every time someone wanted out, even with the chairs, the outside person has to get up anyway.

My question is for those of you that have had both the booth dinette and the free standing table and chairs. What are your comments about the pro's and con's. Thanks
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
Donpop

Post by Donpop »

This is a supplement to my original post. I'm a little slow today. I did a search after the above post. We did not notice today that the new tables apparently now have an extension that can be pulled out. Also reading the search items it indicates the tables are now fastened to the floor. I gather this is to keep them from tipping when the extension is out? Ours now is just a standard table and just sits in place. Never had a problem with it moving around.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Don...we have a 34QS with the dinette table and chairs. The table and chairs are nice but I agree with you that it would have been nice if the table were free standing so that it could be moved a little for those wanting more "wiggle room". I'm a big guy and it's a little tough to squeeze between the table and wall. We had a booth on our previous TT and I didn't care for it but that's my opinion. I think that the table and chairs give the 5er a more upscale look. As far as the 34QS goes we really love the floorplan and aside from some minor issues which our dealer has addressed, we are thrilled with it. Love that King Bed!!
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
Donpop

Post by Donpop »

Cardinal Man and Rosey:

Thank you for your replies. We ordered a new 2008 34QS this morning and Grandma got her Booth Dinette. I really liked the new chairs and table, but as they say, if Mama isn't happy no one is happy. We all have to give and take. I'm sure we will enjoy the new trailer regardless. We ordered a whole page of options including Thermo-pane windows and the second air conditioner.

Don
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Congrats on your new toy!! Keep us posted on the progress!!
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Congrats on the order for your new Bird. I'm sure you will be very happy with it regardless of booth vs dinette. We have the dinette but have removed 2 of the chairs as 99% of the time it's just the two of us and we never sit at the table to eat anyway :? :lol:
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Donpop wrote:Cardinal Man and Rosey:

Thank you for your replies. We ordered a new 2008 34QS this morning and Grandma got her Booth Dinette. I really liked the new chairs and table, but as they say, if Mama isn't happy no one is happy. We all have to give and take. I'm sure we will enjoy the new trailer regardless. We ordered a whole page of options including Thermo-pane windows and the second air conditioner.

Don
Don.........Congrats. on ordering your new 34QS!!!!.............you and "grandma" are gonna love it!..................it's one sweet Bird. We can't wait to take ours out again....Rosey
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
tug911

Post by tug911 »

We had the table and chairs also, but we removed two of the chairs because we didn't us them. We have Cardinal 30TS and I would have to turn the table sideways and screw it down when we travel and the move it back when we got to our destination. I didn't like climbing over the table to get to anything. So I ordered the booth and had it installed and we really enjoy it. I put pull-out baskets under the seats for more storage and now I can get to the refrigerator without putting the slides out.
Like someone else said... what ever makes you happy is the most important thing.
TexasDwight

Re: Dinette Booth vs Free Standing Table & Chairs

Post by TexasDwight »

[/quote]My question is for those of you that have had both the booth dinette and the free standing table and chairs. What are your comments about the pro's and con's. Thanks[/quote]

We had the booth in a Wildcat that we recently traded for a 34 TS with the table and chairs.
I like the table better personally, I popped the screws out of the floor and scooted the table over towards the sofa some. My Lovely wifee is small and I am at the other end of the scales, we both have plenty of room that way so it works well for us. I also turned the table with the extension towards the window and we leave it out all the time.
I do miss the storage with a booth though.

Dwight
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

I would love to buy a booth and take out the table and chairs that came with mine. Locking the chairs is a bother, and they scratch the walls if you dont. Plus the lack of sleeping space.

Like I said, ours came with the tables/chairs. I would gladly switch!
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

We love our table & chairs. To keep them from scratching the walls or each other, a friend gave us a tip. We bought towels that match the decor of the trailer and sewed them together like a pillowcase. There is one for each chair, and we just slide them into place over the chairback for travel. They look fine if we don't feel like taking them off for a quick stop but really it's just another quick step in prepping the interior for living or travel.