Completed first trip in 33 TSBHLE

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
6x5er

Completed first trip in 33 TSBHLE

Post by 6x5er »

We've completed our first trip from Texas to Florida (WDW) in our new Cardinal. The trip was wonderful.

Things that I considered just bells and whistles before...are now much appreciated. We were always envious that our traveling friends seemed to be able set up quickly and be ready to go. Thye had the bigger, nicer rig. In our old 5th wheel, there wasn't much storage area. We had to store items up on the bed and in the galley that had to be moved each time we stopped. Even for quick overnight trips, we were unloading and rearranging items jut to be able to sleep. This was ok for when we were stopped for longer trips but a hassle when we pulled in late for a one nighter to leave early the next morning. "Big Red" has a place for everything.

Our old rig had one slide that was a dickens to slide in and out. To be able to push a button and have 3 slide outs quickly move was impressive to us.

The storage space inside is great. We're still figuring out what we want to go where but at least we have some choices. It's nice to have a non cluttered RV.

Our unit has a 15,000 unit AC and was wired for a 2nd unit so we had one installed. We didn't use the 2nd unit once on our trip to Florida. I'm sure there will be times we will need it but we didn't on this trip. Thanks to all who recommended the 15,000 unit and the 2nd AC. Fortunately, we didn't have problems with our Concertone. It worked well. In fact, too well. One evening, we were watching TV and didn't realize we had the outside speakers on. :oops: Thank heavens it was our traveling friends who had to hear what we were watching. I'm still not sure how we were able to have hot water for all our showers but we did. :P

We bought a surge protector and I'm glad we did. Last year, we experienced a fire caused by faulty wiring at a campground that had been newly redone and we were the first ones to camp in the spot. The wires on the post were backwards and the camping area breakers were mislabeled....causing a campground electrician/worker to be knocked under our trailer when he attempted to insert something in our site's electrical post. It was quite an experience and we had state electricians and park administrators at our site for a couple of days. The surge protector was one of the first things we bought for our Cardinal. It worked well on this trip and after experiencing a few lightening storms, our friends want one as well.

Honestly, I didn't want to get this Cardinal. I had my heart set on a Wildcat 34QBBS but my dh and kids really liked this one and it was a good price. Now, the bird has grown on me and I'm pleased. I can't wait for our next trip in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for listening, giving great advice and support!
kimmee

first trip

Post by kimmee »

Sounds lkie you had a good trip. Always good when you have no problems the first time out. We just got home today our last trip in this 5th wheel new one comes in next week. Hope it goes as smooth as yours
Chuck
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

We learned the hard way about surge protectors after a FL lightening storm took out our A/C unit.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Glad to hear you had a great trip. We enjoy the fact that for quick overnight stops you can unpack very little and yet still be functional for an evening. 8)