10 cubic foot refrigerator

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
bayoubengal
Cardinal Owners: 2008 31RKLE

10 cubic foot refrigerator

Post by bayoubengal »

Does anyone have the 10 cf fridge? If so do you think it is worth the additional cost?
Vince & Kim
2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, SRW, D/A, Extended Cab, LB
2008 31RKLE
Nights Camped:
'02--74 '06--122 '10--24
'03--59 '07--47 '11--44
'04--83 '08--98 '12--76
'05--99 '09--84
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi bayoubendal, I don't off-hand know what size we have but I do know that with just the wife and myself she packs it full even for long weekend trips. I'm sure she would choose the largest capacity available. Do you give up any dry storage areas for the larger refrig? Even if you did I think I would still go for it.

Rob
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

We have the 10 cf and yes I did compare them...to me there was enough of a difference to go for it. I'm like Cathy....I jam pack it full when we take off...lol
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

about one cu. ft per 6-pack, that can be of immense benfit sometimes. :)
for the J.D. mixers or Bud Lites.
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

We ordered it out when we bought our wonderful bird last year and I DEFINITELY think it is worth it! It is no wider or taller than the 8 footer, but is deeper. Quite a bit more room in the larger fridge, so I can carry more food and I always repack my things for the freezer, when I bring them home from the store, and remove the foam trays. I put into zip lock bags and find I can get a lot more food in the freezer that way. We also ordered out a second shelf for inside the freezer, as it gives even more storage. I am disappointed in the door shelves, as the juice holder is too small for the orange juice that I buy. I would rather have had a shelf in the door that goes all the way across, instead of the 2 small bin and one juice bin. The 2 small bins are hardly big enough to put more than a pack of brats in, and the top one is not convenient as you have trouble getting things out of it. Then inside is GREAT however! I also ordered out an extra retaining bar for inside the freezer, like came with the fridge section. Keeps stuff from flying out at you when you open after running down the road. I also threw away all of my round storage containers and purchased rectangular ones. Saves lots of space that way as well, as they stack and no "wasted space" around them.
One suggestion: I found out when I called Dometic to order extra shelf and retaining bar that they charge an automatic $25.00 shipping fee. I called Camping World and they only charged the EXACT amount of shipping, which was less than half of that.
This 'EXTRA' expense was WELL worth it, IMHO!! Good luck! Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
tagilles

Post by tagilles »

Donna/Dennis Balfanz wrote:We ordered it out when we bought our wonderful bird last year and I DEFINITELY think it is worth it! It is no wider or taller than the 8 footer, but is deeper. Quite a bit more room in the larger fridge, so I can carry more food and I always repack my things for the freezer, when I bring them home from the store, and remove the foam trays. I put into zip lock bags and find I can get a lot more food in the freezer that way. We also ordered out a second shelf for inside the freezer, as it gives even more storage. I am disappointed in the door shelves, as the juice holder is too small for the orange juice that I buy. I would rather have had a shelf in the door that goes all the way across, instead of the 2 small bin and one juice bin. The 2 small bins are hardly big enough to put more than a pack of brats in, and the top one is not convenient as you have trouble getting things out of it. Then inside is GREAT however! I also ordered out an extra retaining bar for inside the freezer, like came with the fridge section. Keeps stuff from flying out at you when you open after running down the road. I also threw away all of my round storage containers and purchased rectangular ones. Saves lots of space that way as well, as they stack and no "wasted space" around them.
One suggestion: I found out when I called Dometic to order extra shelf and retaining bar that they charge an automatic $25.00 shipping fee. I called Camping World and they only charged the EXACT amount of shipping, which was less than half of that.
This 'EXTRA' expense was WELL worth it, IMHO!! Good luck! Donna
DITTO!!!!!

Very worth the extra money. Plus I think it has a better brain then the 8cu. ft. We did NOT get the ice maker, thought it took up way too much room.
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

I'm the 'icemaker' in OUR case!!! LOL! Hubby doesn't use ice, just drinks his pepsi warm..... YUK! I like my water COLD, so I am the one to fill the trays.. My prob was finding ice cube trays short enough to fit the shelf. Ours didn't come with trays. Hit the dollar store and got some. problem solved...
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »