Cardinal Factory

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Cardinal Factory

Post by Traveler II »

How do you contact the Cardinal factory? I’ve checked the web site for them and I’m unable to find an e-mail address, phone number or an address.

Has anyone every taken their rig directly to the factory for work? How did that work out? The reason I ask is we have owned Winnebago and Holiday Rambler products before. The Winnebago factory was so-so to work with but the Holiday Rambler people were super. We would make an appointment and stop by their factory service locations in Indiana or Florida and they would not only fix anything we had on our list but go over items that were being reported by others and fix them too. They offers not only plant tours, which are fun but also seminars on a whole range of subject.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

TravelerII,
Factory contact: rbatts@forestriverinc.com
Others in this orginization have taken factory tours, they can give you more info.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Don't want to dissapoint you....we love our Cardinal and have a super dealer BUT am not real happy with the customer "NO SERVICE" @ the factory. Had an issue with the "extenda counter" option that we ordered....(lousy flimsy design). Took pictures on the advice of my dealer and he forwarded them to the factory along with a letter.....never received a responce.........they simply "swept it under the rug". Thats why you won't see any contact numbers or e-mail addresses listed.....they don't want to be bothered....JMHO............good luck with your factory service request! :roll:
Awfahey
Cardinal Owners: Deceased Cardinal owner

Post by Awfahey »

rosey wrote:Don't want to dissapoint you....we love our Cardinal and have a super dealer BUT am not real happy with the customer "NO SERVICE" @ the factory. Had an issue with the "extenda counter" option that we ordered....(lousy flimsy design). Took pictures on the advice of my dealer and he forwarded them to the factory along with a letter.....never received a responce.........they simply "swept it under the rug". Thats why you won't see any contact numbers or e-mail addresses listed.....they don't want to be bothered....JMHO............good luck with your factory service request! :roll:
Rosey, I must disagree with you regarding the service given by FR. Several of our members have had dealings with them and have had no problems. It's all in the method and approach taken. On the main page is a contact list for FR reps. I can tell you from first hand experience that Rod Batts does a good job and will help when he can (again method and approach).

I have had several type of rigs over the years and they all have some type of problems. I would like this site to be constructive and not bash manufactures' and/or dealers. I think we need to let people know of the problems that members are having and we can then approach them as a group. I have done this in the past with some good results. If you or anyone else has problems let me know and I will contact FR or the dealer on the Clubs behalf. However I need specifics....

Al Fahey
2005 HD2500 GMC, D/A
2005 Cardinal 30TS
Judy & Al
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello rosey,

The extenda counter is one of the few items the dealer installs, the factory sends them loose for the dealer to install. I had to turn the support brackets because they were on wrong, the extention was loose and did not sit level.
This may also be your problem, have your dealer look at it for you.
As for support like Al said Rod Batts has taken care of many people including myself. Ask for his help and support not demand results.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Olbird wrote:Hello rosey,

The extenda counter is one of the few items the dealer installs, the factory sends them loose for the dealer to install. I had to turn the support brackets because they were on wrong, the extention was loose and did not sit level.
This may also be your problem, have your dealer look at it for you.
As for support like Al said Rod Batts has taken care of many people including myself. Ask for his help and support not demand results.
George......
I've already sent Al a PM appologizing for sounding like I was "Bashing" Forest River..didn't mean to come across like that on this forum...guess that after spending over 50 thousand bucks on my Bird last spring I thought that I would at least get a responce from the factory. Aside from the "EXTENDA- COUNTER" issue my wonderful dealer DALY R.V. in Goldsboro , North Carolina has and is continuing to take care of all of the little bugs that everyone experiences in their new 5ers. As for the counter.......I think that it was a waste of money.....I removed the brackets and we simply use a nice fold up table for extra room for the coffee pot etc.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank