Video or DVD Showing the best way to backup your 5th wheel

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
tug911

Video or DVD Showing the best way to backup your 5th wheel

Post by tug911 »

I was just wondering if anybody knows of a video or a DVD that you could view on-line or buy some place that shows how to back up your trailer. I seem that every time we go some place there's always a issue on how to back up the trailer. If I could just see the best way to approach the site then maybe I wouldn't have so much trouble!
Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Do a "google" on backing up tractor trailers...........I recall a web-site that discussed in detail (including photos) the proper techniques used to back up an 18 wheeler..........same technique as a 5er.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
Judi
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30 TS

Post by Judi »

I found the below link which might be what you are looking for....we need help too in the backing up department. Sure glad we are not the only ones with this problem!! :?

http://rveducation101.com/trainingvideos.htm
Judi
Full Timer Want-to-be
2007 TS30
2004 Chevy 2500HD 6.6L D'Max
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Backing

Post by Don Wilson »

Backing is a problem for most of us. I have been pulling a fifth wheel for five years. I still only get it right one out of ten times. The thing that has helped is to put your hands at the bottom of the steering wheel and turn your wheel the way you want the rear of the trailer to go. The key is not to over steer and when to straighten out you wheels!

Practice! Practice! Practice!

There is a driving school here in California that friends have taken and raved about and they do sessions in other states! I have included the link to the website.

www.rvschool.com/schedule.htm

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5