WAITING ON DELIVERY /NOT REALLY HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
buckaroo
Cardinal Owners: 08 30 WBLE

WAITING ON DELIVERY /NOT REALLY HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS

Post by buckaroo »

My immediate supervisor {WIFE} and I are awaiting the arrival of our new 30WB .
Our dealer assured us that our new Cardinal was good for all 4 seasons . Seeing we live in CANADA should we be concerned about the winter months ?
Some R/V's are NOT designed for long term occupation , We plan on living in it for at least the next six months any thoughts ?
We opted for the thermo pane windows and the heater strip in the A/C
ANYTHING ELSE WE SHOULD ADD ?
P.S LOADS OF GREAT INFORMATION SO FAR.
Thanks in advance.
Buck & Heather and our two furry friends Kirby and Rara
08 30 WBLE /32" Flat screen tv , O6/GMC/D/A 2500HD BANKS EQUIPED.

" ON THE ROAD AGAIN "
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

I believe you will need a large propane supply to spend much time in a Canadian winter. Other than that your biggest problem will be keeping water supply and sewage drains from freezing. We have spent many below freezing days and nights without internal problems with ours, but there may be limits as to just how cold you want to camp in. I believe the Cardinal is as good as any other rig for 4 seasons.
Bruce
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

We spent about 10 days in ours, in TN, around Christmas. Temperatures dipped to 38-40 at night. Nothing compared to Canadian winters. We were warm but thought we were going to break the bank for propane (no heat strips, just furnace).
Livability? We think ours is great. :thumbrt:
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
poweredbytheholyghost

Re: WAITING ON DELIVERY /NOT REALLY HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS

Post by poweredbytheholyghost »

buckaroo wrote:My immediate supervisor {WIFE} and I are awaiting the arrival of our new 30WB .
Our dealer assured us that our new Cardinal was good for all 4 seasons . Seeing we live in CANADA should we be concerned about the winter months ?
Some R/V's are NOT designed for long term occupation , We plan on living in it for at least the next six months any thoughts ?
We opted for the thermo pane windows and the heater strip in the A/C
ANYTHING ELSE WE SHOULD ADD ?
P.S LOADS OF GREAT INFORMATION SO FAR.
Thanks in advance.
Last october we bought our new 36TS. We have lived fulltime in it since. We live in NW New Mexico. This past winter was brutal. Overnight temps were often in single digits. Got lots of snow and cold all the time. We were very comfortable and warm. No problem. We do have the heat pads for our tanks. Only freeze problem we had was at the water connection to the trailer. We handled that by leaving the kitchen faucet drip at night. Even the storage areas are well heated. We keep bottled water underneath, and never had a bottle freeze. This summer has been very very hot, and with the two ac units, again we have been very comfy. Overall we love our Cardinal. I think after ten months, we feel as if this is as good a fulltime rig as we can get. I'm retiring in Dec, then we;ll hit the road.

Al