Sat hookup

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
cajun betty jean*
Cardinal Owners: Deceased Cardinal Member

Sat hookup

Post by cajun betty jean* »

I just got around to try the sat hookup and can not get a connection. The Cable hookup works fine but not the sat. Has anyone had a similiar probblem and what did you do to correct it? The unit is a 2006 30TS. Does antone know how the sat cable runs in the unit to the outlet under the TV?
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Mine seems to have the same problem, I have troubleshot it repeatedly but still not figured it out. My next adventure will be into the roof where connections are for a dome. Might have an answer for you by October. Sorry!
Bruce
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
kimmee

sat hookup

Post by kimmee »

We had the same proplem we never did get it work. Have not tried sat. on the new one yet.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

I installed a dish on the roof of mine and connected it to the cables for the factory-installed antenna. At first I could get a signal but no reception on the TV. The answer is to disconnect the 12-volt amplifier. Notice I said disconnect. Even with it turned off it caused problems. If you are using a dish on a tripod, I can only suggest that you make sure you are connected to the “satellite” connection on both ends (outside & inside). If this still doesn’t work, try attaching to the cable side on the outside only. You could also try and pull the fuse for the amplifier. One thing I do know is the 12v amplifier DOES interfere with the signal.
Hope this helps.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Rob & Cathy

Re: Sat hookup

Post by Rob & Cathy »

cajun betty jean wrote:Does antone know how the sat cable runs in the unit to the outlet under the TV?
You should have a satellite connection on the outside near the cable connection. If you do then there should be a satellite connection in your entertainment center marked "satellite" or maybe"'sat". As far as I know the satellite wiring and the cable wiring do not come together anywhere in the trailer. They are two separate circuits.

Rob
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Post by Donpop »

After we brought our 2000 Cardinal we were having trouble getting a signal. Called a grandson who at that time was a cable installer. He found the factory had reversed the connections on the back of the amplifier, hooking the satellite cable to the antenna connection and the antenna cable to the satellite outlet. Have read several other posts over the years where this same thing had happened.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

I think the listed colors below were correct when I ran a cable to the kitchen TV.

Terrestrial Antenna and Park hookup.

All units have a terrestrial (over the air) antenna is a Winegard retractable with amplifier.
A single coaxial runs from the Winegard antenna to an A/B switch located on the wall of the entertainment center. Coaxial from the Tresisstal antenna is connected to the left post (as viewed from the rear ) of the A/B switch. From the center post of the A/B switch one coaxial runs to the outside of the
unit to the “Park” hookup. From the right post (as viewed from the rear) of the A/B switch an Orange Coaxial runs to a splitter located in the wall of the entertainment center. From the splitter a Gray coaxial
runs to the 5.1 Stereo located in the entertainment center. One Orange coaxial runs to the front
(Bedroom) TV cabinet.

Side Mounted Satellite:
With the Side Mounted satellite option there is a gray coaxial that runs from the outside wall plate to a splitter located in the wall of the entertainment center. From the splitter a white coaxial runs to
a wall plate mounted on the inner wall of the entertainment center. A second White coaxial runs from the splitter to the front (Bedroom) Television cabinet.

Roof Mounted Satellite:
Roof mounted satellite is provisioned with a coaxial cable running from an exterior plate near the tressitell (Winegard) antenna. This coaxial first runs to the front (Bedroom) cabinet. At the front television cabinet a splitter is located in the front wall on the television cabinet. One coaxial is than routed to the entertainment center and another short coaxial is routed to the front (Bedroom) television cabinet.

OPERATION: To receive cable signals from outdoor receptacle: Press switch to OFF (CABLE) position. Light on wall plate will go off showing that power is no longer connected to the antenna and that both TV sets are receiving signals from outdoor receptacle.
To receive signals from antenna: Press switch to ON (ANT)
position. Light on wall plate will come on showing that power is
connected to the antenna and both TV sets are receiving signals from the
antenna.
NOTE: Make sure the antenna is in the operating position (up) and pointed at the station desired.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
snuffy

Post by snuffy »

Not sure which forum I read this on, but someone indicated their sat only went to the bedroom per the manufacturer.
tschmalz

Check for cable connections

Post by tschmalz »

I have a 2008 30RK LE which has a small cabinet under the TV. Inside the cabinet is a control box for all of the different functions, i.e. Sat. Cable, Air Antenna, VCR, Main TV, 2nd TV, etc. On the wall next to the control box is a wall plate with two coaxil plugs. Through trial and error I found the top plug was for the Sat. plug on the side of my trailer. The bottom one is for the cable. Run a cable from the top plug in the wall plate to the "in connection" on your Sat. receiver and then another cable from the "to TV out" connection on the Sat. receiver to the Sat. connection on the back of the control box. Now you should be able to hit the Sat. button on the control box and have a signal to your TV.

My rig also has another wall plate for RCA plugs that go to the Concertone unit. You can run RCA plugs from the back of your Sat. receiver's "out connections" to the plugs in this wall plate. These are connected directly to the Concertone unit and now you should have surround sound. You need to set your Concertone unit to the "Input 1" setting.
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

We had the same problem where they reversed the connections on the inside cabinet jacks.

Installers can't read wire colors correctly I guess.

Al
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
DanDDan

Post by DanDDan »

Is there any special switches in 2004 29WBLE model.. I can never seem to get the TV to work on just the antenna, and there seems to be no special SAT hookup. There is only one cable hookup outside. I wonder if I need to put in Sat hookup by itself with an A B switch. Advice would be helpful Thanks Dan
rcobb

Post by rcobb »

I connected up my dish for the 1st time today and everything worked great. Must be one of the lucky ones. Even installed an A/B switch box to make things easy.
Heat84
Wife and three Queens and a King
Oh yes and my best buddy Lacey my dog
Cardinal Owners: 29ft
many add on like fireplace, central vacuum wet suspension just to name a few

SAT (ANYONE)

Post by Heat84 »

:shock:
Ok, Cable will work with a spliter BUT SAT WILL NOT ! !NOT NOT !! work with a spliter you have to remove the incoming line to the spliter and the out going line from the spliter to the TV and INSTALL WHAT THEY CALL A BARREL (which hooks the two lines together).
CAble receives a signal and SAT send a signal. This worked for ME ! ! !
MIKE & BRENDA
29'WBL FIFTH WHEEL
2006 FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY LARIATE
ALL THE WHISTLE AND BELLS
Full time summer