Manual adjustment for landing gear?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
redietz

Manual adjustment for landing gear?

Post by redietz »

Hi friends, due to my recent problem with the slide that would not retract (now fixed thanks to everyone's help) I was trying to locate a way to raise and lower the landing gear in the event of a problem with that system. I have an extra hand crank that came with the Cardinal that I haven't found a use for and assume that somewhere there is a socket it fits to adjust the landing gear legs. Can anyone confirm and tell me where the socket is located? If not, what are other means of adjusting the landing gear if the motor fails? Thanks in advance to all.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Check for a hole in the back wall of one of your propane compartments, should be one that allows access for that crank to manually turn the landing gear, at least that is how mine is set-up.
Bruce
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Bruce is correct the location is in the propane compartment. I don't know if they are all the same but on my 29WBLX model it is on the street side (driver side) inside the propane compartment just in front and above the propane tank.

The post by Al about hooking up to your tow vehicle connection like you were going to tow has worked for me before as I stated in the reply in the slide won't retract section. I would definitely try that before I attempted to crank it up by hand. I have had to cranked up empty semi trailers before and it is not an easy chore.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
redietz

Post by redietz »

Thanks, I love this forum! I am always impressed with both the speed and the usefulness of the replies to my questions.