Concertone radio locked up!!

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
F350Cardinal

Concertone radio locked up!!

Post by F350Cardinal »

I have a Concertone radio/CD/tape in my Cardinal. The last time I had it on it was in the AUX function for the surround sound for the TV. Now when I turn it on it is locked up in the AUX function and will not respond to any buttons except on/off. Obviously I do not have a manual!! Any suggestions appreciated??
Thanks.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Try removing the power for a couple hours, not just turning off do a complete power disconnect.

Sometimes they will reset and go back to the default settings.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
tug911

concertone lockup

Post by tug911 »

Like what George said,that's what I did. I had to take it out so I could unplug the unit and let it sit for about 10 minutes and the pluged it back in an it worked fine..
F350Cardinal

Post by F350Cardinal »

Thanks for the replys. I unhooked all power over night but it is still locked in AUX function this AM. Looks like it decided on an early retirement!
bill (Deceased)
Cardinal Owners: 2006 Cardinal WB30
Deceased Cardinal Owner

Post by bill (Deceased) »

I got a concertone manual from the factory

concertone
1803 Century Drive
Goshen,IN 46528
574-534-3167
Bill & Liz
2006 Cardinal WB30 5th wheel
2000 F-250 7.3 PSD
air bags rhino liner
F350Cardinal

Post by F350Cardinal »

Thanks. I appreciate the info. I will give them a call.
djd93

Post by djd93 »

A freind of ours has a 2006 30ts and I was able to reset it by pulling the 15A d/c fuse in the fuse panel for the radio. His is a lot different than mine in my 2006 39rl. Besides actualy playing movies it looks a lot diffrent. Mine loads by opening a door that comes down and his by puting it in like a car player.
snowidow

Post by snowidow »

We had the EXACT same thing happen.
The dealer installed a newer/different Concertone system and it is working (for now).
RedBird30
Cardinal Owners: 2007 Cardinal 30TS

Post by RedBird30 »

I have had trouble with the original and the first replacement (will not play DVD or CD'). Dealer has another on order and should be in next week. Really hope this one is ok as it is getting a little old running back and forth for replacements.
'07 Cardinal 30TS w/Colton Blue Interior
'07 GMC 2500HD Serria Classic SLT Duramax/Allison 4x4
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

On the third time I told my dealer to replace it. No problems yet.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
RedBird30

Post by RedBird30 »

Future Fulltimers wrote:On the third time I told my dealer to replace it. No problems yet.
Well, got a call last week that mine was ready to go. When I got there and checked it out (the 3d unit) it was a dud also. They were right ready to order another (the 4th). I took a CD and a DVD to an '08 in the showroom and it worked great. I finally got them to put that one in mine so everything is working fine now.
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

I had a few issues with the Concertone. Most I've cleared by pulling the fuse (mine has the slot for CD/DVD's).

I also found a manual here http://cardinalrvclub.org/redbird/viewtopic.php?t=1239 for the thing.

I do wish all the manuals were in the unit when you get one! Hunting them down and printing them is a pain.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
RedBird30

Post by RedBird30 »

Chief409 wrote:I had a few issues with the Concertone. Most I've cleared by pulling the fuse (mine has the slot for CD/DVD's).

I also found a manual here http://cardinalrvclub.org/redbird/viewtopic.php?t=1239 for the thing.

I do wish all the manuals were in the unit when you get one! Hunting them down and printing them is a pain.
The one I got from the '08 Cardinal is a ZX600, which is suppose to be a newer version. Probably uses the same manual, which I was lucky enough to have got one in the unit. The X600 does not show "DISC" when you go through the functions. Also has some pretty waves in the display when music is playing. Really hope this one will work out ok.
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Darn, that sounds like my PC!
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.