Big slide problem update (again :-(

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Big slide problem update (again :-(

Post by markj »

I had posted a thread about my slide coming in too far at the top, and not far enough at the bottom. Here's the latest.

Mine must have been built on a Friday afternoon, with a keg of beer awaiting the workers!

My dealer has contacted Forest river on it, adjusted it so if fit properly. I took it home, although they were still waiting for the vertical trim pieces to arrive to install (the slide ruined the old ones by coming in too far at the top). After my fishing trip, I retracted the slide--it fit properly. By the time I got home, I guess the vibration caused the slide to come in maybe 1/2" at the top--again in position to ruin the vertical trim--luckily they didn't replace it yet. So, I returned it to the dealer--it's there now. They said they'd contact FR AGAIN, maybe mine needs to go back to the factory (yeah, right--Indiana?) So, I'm waiting. I told them to keep it until it's fixed right--I'm tired of spending $30 each time I return it for service.

And the drama goes on.............. Hmmm--I wonder if the "lemon law" would apply here?
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

I had a similar problem with mine. Come to find out that the weld that attaches the slide arm to the slide broke loose. The dealer re-welded it; adjusted it and all is well again. Hope yours is something simple.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
tagilles

Post by tagilles »

Ours will probably go back to Indiana from California for Slide-out work. The toe-kick on the Bunkhouse slide hits the interier wall when it's retracted into the trail causing the molding and the foe-wood paneling to come off the wall. The slide's frame is metal so the dealer can't fix it. F.R. has said they will have to hire a transport company to take it either to LA or all the way to Indiana for the repair. So don't laugh when you think of them taking your trailer to the factory for repair. Also ask for an extention on the manucaturers warranty and for them to make the payments on your loan(if u have one) for the months that your unit is in the shop.

Washington's Lemon-Law is probably very similar to California's, being they are very comsumer friendly. I would definatly look into that possibility, I am.