Which Vent Cover with Fantastic Fan

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Which Vent Cover with Fantastic Fan

Post by Donpop »

On our 2000 bird I used the standard MaxaxAire with the fanastic fan as it was a manual operated cover. It didn't pose a problem that it could only be opened part way as we usually just used it as an exaust fan when cooking to keep that darn smoke alarm from going off. On the new bird the fanastic fan is controlled by the wall mounted control and when used on automatic, which is how I want to use it, the motor on the vent cover raises it all the way up. I want to install a cover so the fan can be used when it is raining and also it provides some protection from hail.

Have any of you installed a vent cover over your automatic fantastic fan and what kind are you using to give you proper clearance? Thanks

Don
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Post by Donpop »

Looks like I found my answer on RV.Net Open Roads Forum. Found long discussion on this topic and looks like most folks are using the MaxxAir Fan/Mate Model 800 with the fantastic fan.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Thanks for update on that Don. I had don't use any fan covers, at least not yet, and had no idea what to suggest.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Fan Cover

Post by Don Wilson »

Don,

I contacted Fan-tastic Vent and talked to their head Technician Bob Beratta 1-800-521-0298.
His recommendation was not to put a cover on the fan because you lose 40% efficency of the fan when you install a cover and lose another 20% efficency if you install one with a filter.
The issue with the cover is when you lose efficency you do not move as much air in or out of your trailer so it takes longer to pull hot air out or cool air in. When you are not moving as much air the dirt and dust stays inside the cover and gets on the electrical componets and you really have no way to clean it with the covers on.

He did state - However if you are going to go ahead and install one get the largest one you could get without a filter. Which would be the Maxx Air 800

He welcomed anyone with a question to contact him or one of the other Technical Support team @ 1-800-521-0298

Bob Beratta
Steve Milks Jr
Rodney Florida
Jeff Atwell

Here is the link to their website
http://www.fantasticvent.com/contact_us/contact_us.html

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5