Center Awning Support

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
buckaroo
Cardinal Owners: 08 30 WBLE

Center Awning Support

Post by buckaroo »

Our new 30WBLE should be here ,hopefully next week. Does anyone have any PROS or CONS on the " Center Awning Support " I was wondering if maybe I should have factory ordered it. Is worth having it added by the dealer ?
Buck & Heather and our two furry friends Kirby and Rara
08 30 WBLE /32" Flat screen tv , O6/GMC/D/A 2500HD BANKS EQUIPED.

" ON THE ROAD AGAIN "
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

We were told by our rv tech that we didn't really need one...we have the 30le and our awning is 19 I think....he said usually the 20` and over should have the center support.
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Buck, we had a travel trailer which we sold before we ordered this one and had a wonderful awning with a center support, that ALSO had a leg that supported the center. When we ordered this one, we thought we were ordering the same arrangement, but it is only support for the center, no leg there. I suppose because our awnings are so much taller on these 5th wheels, it is not possible to include a leg with it. Hubby does think it helps in heavy rains, to keep it from bellying. The whole thing just doesn't seem to be built as 'heavy duty' as our previous awning on the TT. Probably not much help to you!
Congrats on your new BABY! We sure do love ours! Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Post by Donpop »

Buckaroo:

I had the support on my 2000 bird and ordered it on the 2008 34QS. It seemed to do a couple of things. It took the flex/bounce out of the tube when you hit a bump and it helped hold the awning tight against the side of the trailer. Do you need it? Probably not but I figured on a unit with MSRP of over $58K what was another $70 item.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
tagilles

Post by tagilles »

The wife and I had the same thoughts, 'What's another $70 on a $40K+ trailer?'. The center support on our 38ft TT included a foot to support the awning in the up position and an extendable tube that tends to need a stool to set it up once the awning is fully extended. But I think it's well worth the money for it. If your dealer gets a hold of the factory, they can probably add it before it's released to the transport company. Or even the dealer could install it for close to the same price if it's already on its way to you. We're living in our trailer after selling our house in early 06'. We're waiting for the housing market to bottom out here in California before we buy again.