New Carinal

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

New Carinal

Post by Traveler II »

Our dealer just called and said that our new Cardinal just arrived; we are on our way to take a look, :) that the good news. The bad news is our new pick up is not in yet, the dealer is not sure when it’s coming in. It was built on September 14, but because of the GM strike they are not sure where it is.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

I really do know how to spell "Cardinal" Sorry about that.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

New Cardinal

Post by Don Wilson »

Congats on the arrival on your new Cardinal!

Since the GM strike was settled hopefully they will have your pickup real soon as well. You will need to put at least 500 miles on the pickup before you tow the trailer.

Do you have a way to get the Cardinal home if your pickup is going to be a while?

Let us know how the new Bird looks and post pictures when you get the new TV and new Cardinal put together.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Too bad I'm in Colorado or I'd let you use my truck to get it home.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Congratulations!! I can feel your excitement!! Just wait til you can start loading it with your stuff and put things in that make it uniquely yours! We sat in ours in the driveway and popped pop corn and watched a movie...lol
Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

Just got back from spending the afternoon at our dealer going through our new Cardinal, looks great. They have made some minor changes to the interior from the 07’s that we looked at. Added a few extra trim pieces, changed the fabric color somewhat, but over all they did a nice job and my wife and I really like it. The only thing we found was that we had ordered an icemaker plus an outdoor shower that was not installed at the factory. Our salesmen called Cardinal, they are going to replace the complete refrigerator with a new one with the icemaker and the dealer will install the outdoor shower.

Only wish we had our new pick up so we could have brought it home. The good news is I just talked to our Chevy dealer and our new pick up came in today. We pick it up tomorrow and Monday take it to have the hitch, air ride, running boards, and cover installed. We will drive it next week, get some miles on it and pick up our new bird the week after next. Our dealer has a service area that he said we could come over and stay in if we wanted; I think that’s a good idea.
Jim & Jane
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Jim & Jane, Glad to hear the truck has been found! Depending on how far you are from your Cardinal Dealer, I would personally take that truck for a couple hour drive to visit a friend or two then go bring the new bird home driving very calmly (as soon as the dealer fixes the errors). Then get that 500 miles on the truck before going on a road trip with the combo. I was raised with the break-it-in like your gonna drive it attitude and (knock-on-wood) have never had a drivetrain failure on any vehicle I bought new. This current one had 522 miles when hooked up for a 2500 mi trip, it's still pretty new with 13,500 mi of which 10,900 have been towing miles. No problems at all, enjoy the rig!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Traveler II
exempt member

Post by Traveler II »

Good advice, we picked up the truck yesterday, it goes in tomorrow to get the hitch, air shocks, and cover installed. The end of last week they started road construction in front of our house so we won’t be able to pull the new rig in for a few weeks until they are done black topping. This will give us time to get some miles on the truck, and we will just go visit it at the dealers. Our Rving season is coming to close here in Minnesota and I want to get out and do some practicing before we put it away for a few months. We plan this winter to take 2-3 months and travel the Southwest, but I want some time to get the bugs out of the Cardinal and me before we head out.
Jim & Jane