Forest River Emergency Roadside Assistance

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Forest River Emergency Roadside Assistance

Post by Donpop »

Just had time last evening to go through that big bag of manuals that came with the new 2008 34QS. Found a brochure about one year emergency roadside assistance but you have to call a phone number to put it in force. Is this for real or is it just a "come-on" between Forest River and Coach-Net?? Comments please.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

We recieved 1 year free from Forest River...never had to use it so no pro's or con's. I do know that when you call the number on the back of the card...the first question they ask is... "Are you in a safe place"
All your vehicles are covered, towing and not towing...

We just renewed with them again this past summer. Heck...the first year is free...so go for it!
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

We never had to use the FR service plan, but when I owned a motorhome we had Camping World Road Service and was told twice it would be a six to eight hour wait just for tire service in my area.

We changed to Good Sam for the motorhome and the service was great. We now use Good Sam for the 5th wheel and hope to never need the Road Service.

Road Service plans may be different in other areas depending on the amount of tire/repair shops that respond in the area needed, but it seems Good Sam has many more contracts setup in my area.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Road Service

Post by Don Wilson »

Hi,

We have Good Sam. They helped us in Verdi, California - on Highway 80 about 10 miles from the Nevada border when we needed a tire change. They were with us in a short 10 to 15 minutes.

The temperature was over 100 degrees so it was a blessed relief not to have to sit in the heat for too long!

Don - and Martha
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Tim

Post by Tim »

Never used my one year with FR. Have used Good Sam ERS, just this past monday with great results.
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

We called a few times when we had a MH to ask some questions, they were helpful but we never did sign up for it. Our RV insurance covered the same things they were offering, and if we had a question we just called the RV company. In the past we found that Monaco was great to call, but that Winnabago was not. We hope that Cardinal will be a good company to work with. The few e-mails I've sent to them they have been great on getting back to me with information I needed.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

Another cudo for good sam ERS. had a flat tire on my boat trailer, I changed it, but it was low on air. So I call ERS and they provided air. I don't know what the charge would be, but i'll be $100 for the ERS paid most of it! I'll renew.
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Never used FR roadside either, we also have Good Sam for the vehicles and the 5er.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

Forest River's plan is thru "Coachnet" and from what I have read on other forums and by speaking to other RVers is one of the best in the business as far as customer satisfaction. I just added onto my 1st free year and the policy includes ALL of my vehicles including my Harley.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Post by Donpop »

Update: Finally got around to calling Coach Net yesterday afternoon about activating the ERA. Lady I talked to said we already show you in the system and you should be be getting your card soon. Mailman came about five minutes later and card was in mail. Apparently Forest River enters the info automatically after receiving warranty/sales info from the dealer. In our case it took a little over three weeks to receive. Looks like for new owners you don't need to call and will receive your card/kit automatically after the sale.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
The Buds

Post by The Buds »

This is interesting. Maybe it depends on whether or not your dealer registers you! I'm going to call tomorrow and see what gives for our unit, if we're registered or not. We purchased ours around Aug 1st, and haven't received anything like this yet.

Thanks for the information,

Karen
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Our dealer registered us for the first year. It may be a good idea to call them tomorrow and see about it, and go thru all your info and see if there is something in there about it.
RedBird30
Cardinal Owners: 2007 Cardinal 30TS

Post by RedBird30 »

I purchased my Bird last June, but have not received anything on the 1yr free roadside service. I will be calling Coach Net tomorrow though.
'07 Cardinal 30TS w/Colton Blue Interior
'07 GMC 2500HD Serria Classic SLT Duramax/Allison 4x4