2005 Forest River Cardinal 37RL, 39' 5th wheel w/4 slides

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Bill M

2005 Forest River Cardinal 37RL, 39' 5th wheel w/4 slides

Post by Bill M »

Hi, I'm a new member and own a 2005 Forest River Cardinal 37RL, 39' Fifth Wheel with four slideouts. I bought it used in April and am using it by keeping it in an RV Park in Cocoa, Fl as a winter home.

It is titled as a 2005 model and registered as such but it does not appear in NADA or Kelly books. While I comfortable with the price I paid, I am wondering why it would be missing from the NADA & Kelly. I am hoping that members of this forum might share some light on this or have a Cardinal contact that might help.

Thanks
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Welcome Bill and Bea!!! That is one beautiful rig you have there! I know what you mean about the nada....our 05, 30` isn't listed either.
Hopefully someone will have some answers for you.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Welcome to the club Bill & Bea! :D
This is the answer I received when I tried to look up a vehicle (non RV) I owned and found it not to be in NADA. I received the information from someone whom I trusted in the automotive business and had the credentials to back it up. However, I don’t know when ForestRiver started producing your model so this may not be the case.
Sometimes when a manufacturer is going to produce a new model for the upcoming year, they will produce a limited amount as a test run to see if they will really sell. In your case, you have a 2006 model that was produced in 2005. The reason yours is not in NADA is because there wasn’t enough produced for them to put a value on.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
djd93

Post by djd93 »

Chances are your 05 is the same as my 06 I bought this year. Great units in my opinion. Works great for us. As far as pricing DO NOT SECOND GUESS YOUR PURCHACE!!!! If you are looking to make a great "smart deal" you wold not but a newer camper. We camp with friends with a 1972 trailer. Guess what? They have as much fun as we do in our unit. Most of our time is spent outside visiting. That being said my wife is happy with the new unit. The rental house we have that pays for this rig cost less than 1/2 of what we paid. Could have bought 2 more rentals and had income.

More money or wife happy? Easy choice for me and I would bet the same for most people that own one. You keep looking at what is worth and the only people that will prosper are distillers. Remember you only live once and in 100 years small choices like this will not matter.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Dj's right. No matter how good of a deal you got, you are always going to run across someone that got a much better deal!! Never fails.

Enjoy....and go out there and make many wonderful memories!!!