Hard to beleve

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Hard to beleve

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Its head to beleave that last year this time I was waiting for my new unit to come in, Every day seamed so long. :( now here we are all most a year later, Time flyes. :shock:
After useing it this first year I had the maine slide jam 2 times ripping off the trim 2 times, I fixed it the 2nd time cause they didnt do it right the first time. :( We had 3 water leaks I fixed, 1 broken shock and we had 2 Inverters go bad.they fixed.
All and all not to bad IMO. :D Happy with the Bird
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I remember reading your posts while you were waiting. It's been almost 3 years for us and it still feels like yesterday. We've had minor issues with ours....I don't think there is a brand out there that there wont be at least minor issues. Like you, we are very happy with our Bird!!
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Glad your getting it under control Dave. Your right Linda remember that a lot of the same components in the bird are in a lot of other brands, even higher end units.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

We are patient, aren't we Dave? I'm still waiting for my big slide to be finally fixed, and it's been 9 months since mine was acquired new. It goes down Thursday for major surgery, I guess. They will put a wider piece of aluminum angle iron to stop the top of the slide from coming in too far & creasing the outside vertical trim.

I do love the bird too--everything else is fine--no water leaks (after 5 inches of rain last week!) but I do need new tires as one of my Karrier's is splitting.

But, I salute you for being so patient. I've been patient too, but I'm not sure how I would have reacted to all your issues! Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

We've been pretty lucky with ours too. We've only had it back at the dealer one time and that was for a leaky shower, which seems very common, and the television had a buzz. They fixed the leak and replaced the television and it hasn't been back.

Rob
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

We've had numerous minor issues with our 34QS that have been taken care of by our great dealer (DALY R.V. Goldsboro, North Carolina) but all in all my wife and I just love our Bird. Can't wait until Thanksgiving week when we head down to Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia to have Thanksgiving in our Bird!!
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

I must be very lucky! I bought my 04 29WBLX used in January 05 and have only had tire issues which did no damage and a small water leak through the antenna lead cover. I did have a window replaced but that was because of a break in.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

1 slide water leak - I fixed
Broken weld on slide - They fixed
Twice for Concertone - They fixed
We love our bird. It's better than we expected.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Im going out tonight to fix the TV in the back bed room, It was screwed down with 5 drywall screws to a 3/4" shelf i added and i hit a bridge with some bad humps doing 60 last trip and it pulled all 5 screws out I guess it really wips behind them axles. :shock:
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Happy here too. Fridge is useless, new one gets installed tomorrow. Multiple little items enroute. But way less problems than either of my stick houses and easier/cheaper to fix.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
RamMan3500

Post by RamMan3500 »

Not many issues with our 30WB either. Very pleased with our Bird so far. Considering we tow a condo around, it would surprise me if more things didn't need fixing.
R & D

Post by R & D »

We really hate to respond to this post for fear of jinxing ourselves but here goes.....other than the problem we had with the propane tank regulator, we only had minor little things that we fixed ourselves. We are extremely happy with "lil Red". She's all covered up and cozy in our yard and we can't wait for spring!
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Whew, the work on one of thse things never stops! :lol: Just put in a new hunter ceiling fan to replace the old original noisy thing. Its home so its a labor of love.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
cc350

Post by cc350 »

2 years with our Bird and no problems :lol:
cherry capital cardinals
Cardinal Owners: 07 34 TS

Post by cherry capital cardinals »

Also very little problems with are two cardinals. In fact, if it wasn't for the kenda tires it almost no problems,
CCC