15 or 16 inch Cardinal Wheels/Rims

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
jlondon5

15 or 16 inch Cardinal Wheels/Rims

Post by jlondon5 »

Wife and I just bought a 2005 31RKT Cardinal from a couple in central Illinois. After signing on to this site I began learning about KENDA, LOAD STAR and COOPER trailer tires being a problem to alot of the members. Cooper, I learned bought the other two brand a few years back and all of the tires still say CHINA on them.. When I learned our new purchase had Load Stars on it I went to the Factory ads and saw the tires and wheels were now 16 inch for my new house. I called TireRack.Com in SouthBend, Indiana, ordered 4 Michelins XPS Ribs in 225/85r16e for replacements and had them delivered to the trailers location in Illinois. Come to find out 16 inch wheels on some Cardinal models were options in 2005, mine being one which had 15 inch wheels on it.
I called Chad at Forest River to learn all this and he gave me a number to call that supplies them,(Forest River) with their aluminum wheels for all the trailers they sell.
I now have 4- new 16 inch wheels, lugs and caps with the nice rubber plug to allow greasing the hubs, enroute to Illinois as well and hopefully the set of tires and wheels will takes us many thousands of miles before we have a problem.
Bottom line is,, Chad up there at Forest River worked hard for me today and I just wanted you all to know he is a very nice person to deal with.
Jim & Kim

PS; It is AMERICANA TIRES AND WHEELS 574-522-9450 ,ask for Rikki, she was very helpful as well. They are a wholesaler and only do C.O.D.s , no walk in sales is available from them.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Jim,

Sorry you having a few problems before get into your new Cardinal on the road, but make sure you find out how many lugs your unit has and the axle load for the wheels before they send the rims and find out you have another problem with fitting the axle hubs.

You never know changes somone may have made during the building of your unit.

Good Luck, and you will have a safe trip and no worries on your trip back so enjoy and have fun picking it up.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW