Option questions -some general, some model specific (37RL)

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Trish

Option questions -some general, some model specific (37RL)

Post by Trish »

Ok, we've pretty much decided to go with a model 37RL, now we just have to figure out the options. These are the questions I have left after reading what I could find here:

*This model has a double refrigerator. How does that work with the 8' icemaker, 10', and 10' icemaker options?

*What is the difference between the 9000 A&E awning and the 2-step awning? I believe these are both manual, correct?

*What does the center awning support do?

*"Battery" and "12V battery disconnect" are both listed as optional... do we need these as full-timers?

*Do we need a Generator?

*If we get the TrailAir Pin Box and Suspension, do we also want the Equa-Flex Equalizer?

*What is the difference between the Garden Tub and the Neo-Angle Shower? Is one more tall-person friendly? (He's 6'5.5", giving a half inch spare height in the bedroom.)

*What and where is the Steel slide-out storage tray?

*Where would the panoramic windows go, and are they worth the cost?

Thanks!
gmarker
Cardinal Owners: 2005 29WBLE

Post by gmarker »

*This model has a double refrigerator. How does that work with the 8' icemaker, 10', and 10' icemaker options?

I can't help you on this one. Our 5'r has the standard 8' refer
wo icemaker.

*What is the difference between the 9000 A&E awning and the 2-step awning? I believe these are both manual, correct?
Both are manual but have different mechanics.Check out this
website.
http://www.dometicusa.com/awnings.php?product=33

Provides additional support in the middle to keep the awning from
bowing.

*"Battery" and "12V battery disconnect" are both listed as optional... do we need these as full-timers?

If you are going to leave it in a park for long periods of time and
never use it on the road, you don,t really need a battery. If however,
you intend to travel with it, a battery will allow you to use the 12volt
system without being plugged into shore power.

*Do we need a Generator?

A generator in not of much use unless you traveling and not
overnighting in a park with electricity

*If we get the TrailAir Pin Box and Suspension, do we also want the Equa-Flex Equalizer?

These upgrades would only be useful if you intend to travel. If you
are staying in one spot and only moving it every few months to
another location, I don't think you would want to spend the money for
them.

*What is the difference between the Garden Tub and the Neo-Angle Shower? Is one more tall-person friendly? (He's 6'5.5", giving a half inch spare height in the bedroom.)

All I can tell you on this one is that the original owner of my unit was
6' 6" and he said the shower was tall enough but didn't have any
extra room.

You need to ask you dealer about this one.

I'm sure it depends on the individual model. Talk to you dealer.
GERRY & KAY
2005 29WBLE
20011 FORD F250 LARIOT 6.7 POWERSTROKE
MAX the WONDERCAT
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Trish,

*This model has a double refrigerator. How does that work with the 8' icemaker, 10', and 10' icemaker options? [/color]
They come standard with two 8' refrigerators, you can a optional ice maker to one. The 10' refrigerators are a little longer. We have the two 8 footers and a ice maker in one and have plenty room. *What is the difference between the 9000 A&E awning and the 2-step awning? I believe these are both manual, correct?
Both are manual, the 9000 has a metal cover when close and is has Sunbreller fabric material.

Mostly needed when awning is over 19', but supports the awning from sagging when rolled up during travel.

*"Battery" and "12V battery disconnect" are both listed as optional... do we need these as full-timers?For the money get it, really not needed for full-timers.

*Do we need a Generator?
I really never use mine but, I like it for emergency on the road to have 110 AC power.

If you get the Trail air suspension, you can not get the Epua-Flex. Air Suspension is the better system for a total air ride.

Garden tub is if you like taking a bath, you have step over into a small tub
both are on a angle in the corner bath wall.

This is a tray that slides from side to side in the storeage compartment, I like mine, but had tolower it for more room.

Panoramic windows are only install in the area around the table and chairs
they are long windows that go to almost to the floor. New option for 2008.
[/color]
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

I couldn't live without my generator. We do a mix of camping -- when we are traveling, we stay in RV parks and usually have full hook-ups. When we camp locally, we stay at a State Park which has nothing -- no electric, no sewer hookups, no water hookups, etc. You are allowed to put water on board from the faucets throughout the campground. When you are dry camping, you will use a lot of battery power if you need to run the heat. With temps in the lower 40s over this past weekend, we went through quite a lot of propane and would have had battery problems if not for running the generator.

You need to decide how you want to use your trailer, and then you will be better able to make a decision!