Heater problem????

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
DJPiner

Heater problem????

Post by DJPiner »

The DW and I took our 30WBLE camping at Willowtree just northwest of Myrtle Beach S.C. this weekend and we had a great time and she did a little Christmas shopping. I just sort of tagged along....Anyway back to my problem. The heater (Suburban) cycles almost as if were a two speed motor running. It heated the camper fine but it cycled "high and low". I noticed the inverter would come on and off and the 12 volt lights would get much brighter when the inverter switched on and much dimmer when it switched off. Is this normal? The battery is fully charged and ran both slides in this morning without hesitation. Do you think I have an inverter problem, heater problem, or no problem. It has me stumped. I hate to take it in for service but it just doesn't sound right to me and has me a wee bit worried because it's a heater. Thanks for any help or suggestions! :?: [/b]
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

sounds like a inverter problem to me sounds like what mine was doing when the 2nd converter went out.
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
DJPiner

Heater Problem?

Post by DJPiner »

If it is the inverter, about what can I expect to pay to have it replaced???