Fantastic Fan thermostat question

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
RamMan3500

Fantastic Fan thermostat question

Post by RamMan3500 »

We have the 30WB and the dealer installed a fantastic fan in the livingroom/kitchen area. They installed a white plastic "thermostat" and a black on/off switch near the control area (furnace thermostat, holding tank sensors, etc). No instructions or manual accompanied the fantastic fan or the "thermostat". Thru trial & error, we discovered you must first turn on the fan with the black switch which usually results in the vent door opening and the fan comes on but the "thermostat" is still a mystery. Does anyone know how they are supposed to work?
Thanks for comments on this question.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Fantastic Fan

Post by Don Wilson »

The thermostat is set at the temperature that you want the fan to open and it will continue to operate until the temp drops below that setting and will then shut off.

My fan has a knob up on the fan housing itself that you push for manual and pull for auto ( my unit is in storage this might reversed.) This is the knob that you would open the cover by hand if you did not have the thermostat. Make sure the knob is in auto for the thermostat to work. If it has the rain sensor the least amount of dew, fog or rain will close the cover and turn off the fan if it is on auto.

Hope this helps!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
RamMan3500

Post by RamMan3500 »

Thanks Don, that's what I thought but somethings not right. When I lower the temp on the thermostat, the vent stays open but the fan turns off. If I increase the temp, then the fan turns on again. I've had to use the manual knob a few times as the vent door gets stuck.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin

Post by Don Wilson »

RamMan 3500,

Are you sure you have the handle pulled all the way down?

Contact Fantastic Fan and they will send you some lubricant to put on the seal of the fan housing frame seal that will eliminate the sticking problem! At no cost!!

http://www.fantasticvent.com/contact_us/contact_us.html
Bob Beratta
800-521-0298

Don

Don

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
RamMan3500

Post by RamMan3500 »

Thanks again, Don. I just sent them an email.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Hey ya'll, another vote for these folks customer support. I sent an email last week about the sticking seal situation and my thermostat needing encouragement (beating on it) and they have responded. They will be sending me a new seal, cleaner, seal lube, & thermostat, NO CHARGE and all this on a bird built in 2004! Hoorah for Fantastic Fan backing their product!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

campswithcritters wrote:Hoorah for Fantastic Fan backing their product!
Same here. We met the Fantastic Fan folks at the Good Sam rally in Redmond Oregon this summer. They gave us enough cleaner and lube for our three fans AND I got a free Fantastic Fan hat.

Rob
RamMan3500

Post by RamMan3500 »

Here's the follow up. Had a great conversation with Bob in the Tech department of Fantastic Fan. Appears my Dealer installed a furnace thermostat instead of one for the Fantastic Fan. Bob is sending me a new thermostat for my unit plus enough cleaner/lube for my two fans. I'm a believer...fantastic folks at Fantastic Fan. Thanks again Don for your help and other posters.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin

Post by Don Wilson »

The people on the Cardinal RV Club website are always willing to share their knowledge and information! Of cource we are always glad to see a satisified customer!

We are glad Fantastic Fan was able to help you with you problem. Even though it was not something they or their product caused they stepped in and took care of it.

:D Fantastic Fan has been one of those stellar companies in the RV business!

Don

Don

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Follow-up on my earlier post; Got a new thermostat, seal, installation adhesive, seal lube, protectant 303 and instructions. Fan back in service now.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")