tv connections located on outside of trailer 31RKT 2008

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
racicot

tv connections located on outside of trailer 31RKT 2008

Post by racicot »

We just took possession of a Cardinal bumper pull trailer 31RKT 2008 model.

Having all sorts of problems getting the tv to work correctly.

On the outside of the trailer there are three places to hook in coaxial cable for the tv - there are two side by side in one place and then one more below that in a separate compartment (beside the phone jack).

The fellow doing the walkthrough was surprised they weren't marked! He said he "thought" the one beside the phone jack was for the bedroom tv. He also thought the two above that - the one on the left was for cable and the one on right was for satellite.

Does anybody know for sure? Once I find out I'm plugging it into the right place, I'll deal with the tv next.

Thank You, Sharon
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello,

The one in the compartment is for hooking up a outside TV. That is a new addition for late 2007 and 2008 models.

The other two are connections going into the camper, one for cable, and one for satellite.

Some of the late built 2008 models have a selector box now inside that you can switch where the signals are being received ( Cable, Antenna ) and what TV's will get the signal ( outside, bedroom, main ).

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
dennis1949
Cardinal Owners: 2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL

TV

Post by dennis1949 »

I HAVE AN E-MAIL TO FOREST RIVER ABOUT ALL THE TV CONNECTIONS NOT BEING LABELED AS SONE AS I GET A REPLY I WILL LET YOU KNOW
Dennis Carpenter
2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL
2012 3/4 GMC Z71 truck
Decatur Al.
racicot

Post by racicot »

It took 4 days but we finally had success with the tv. The antenna was found in the bedroom inside a cabinet. There is a message on this forum that explains the wiring for the antenna/cable that finally resolved the issue for us. There is a small (tiny, tiny, tiny) button near the antenna and hidden inside the cabinet that you press - when the light is green the antenna will be the connection that goes to your tv, when you press it again the green light goes off and if you have park cable hooked into the outlet outside that is beside the phone jack, you will receive park cable. The two connections above that outside are for satellite and what else I don't know because the only other connection inside by the tv is marked "sat". This is probably clear as mud, but it helps someone else keep from going through 4 days of tv heck (my husband is a tv addict), here is my solution. Thank you to all who responded and tried to help - I do appreciate your time. Sharon
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Hi Sharon,

Glad you got the antenna and TV taken care of!

The second connection on the outside of my trailer is for the telephone!
If you are fulltiming or going to be in one location long enough to get phone service that is where you would connect the phone line.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5