anybody have their frig light not work?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
racicot

anybody have their frig light not work?

Post by racicot »

We are slowly getting all the kinks worked out on our new travel trailer, boy do we love it, so nice and roomy. Last night we removed the screws that were holding down the table and moved it sideways and pushed it against the wall. Also took out 2 chairs. It looks very nice. If you don't need seating for 4 people, I highly recommend it.

The frig light doesn't come on when the door is opened - kind of irritating. We replaced the bulb and still doesn't work. I even read the manual and can't see any solution. Anybody help??

Thank You, Sharon
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

If the fridg is shut off the light will not work, make sure its on auto or gas and see what happens
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
racicot

Post by racicot »

the frig is on - has been for days, it is just the light that doesn't work. thanks, Sharon
RamMan3500

Post by RamMan3500 »

There is a micro-switch inside the fridge that, when the door is closed, will turn the light off. Sometimes these micro-switches jam shut and won't release. See if you can find the switch and manually move it in and out and maybe put a dab of silicon on it so it won't stick shut.
Good luck Oh BTW, be careful when rearranging the furniture as trailers have a habit of throwing stuff around when traveling. Try to lash everything that moves down tight before going down the road.
Rob & Cathy

Re: anybody have their frig light not work?

Post by Rob & Cathy »

racicot wrote:Last night we removed the screws that were holding down the table and moved it sideways and pushed it against the wall. Also took out 2 chairs. It looks very nice. If you don't need seating for 4 people, I highly recommend it. Sharon
We did exactly the same thing last year plus now we can leave the table extension out.

Rob