Slide out support

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Bill M

Slide out support

Post by Bill M »

I am parked for 6 months at a time in Florida. I have a "rock n roll" problem when we walk around inside. I have installed jack props under the frame but is still occurs. I am wondering if there are any folks that use screw supports directly under the slide outs. Not to push them up but merely to supply a firm suppot. It's a 37 model with 4 slides.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Hi Bill an Bea,

First, Welcome to the Cardinal Rv Club site! I don't remember making that welcome when you joined back in Oct.

A lot of the members have purchased and use the Roto Chok and have stated that they make a dramatic difference in reducing the amount of movement. I have listed the link to their website below if you want to check them out.

http://www.rotochok.com/

Also go the the Miscellanous section and check out the post titled Need Help! for other suggestions!

I have the screw up supports for the slides that you are talking about but was not able to tell any difference with them under the slide. I also read where they don't recommend using them if you are parked where the trailer can settle because they will lift the slide up when the trailer settles and break the seal between the trailer and the slide allowing dust and rain through it. That being said I still use them when we are going to be parked for a several days, I just tighten them up where they stay in place but don't put much pressure on the slide arms.

Your posting will be getting more response as soon as others sign on this morning!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Tim

Post by Tim »

Do what Charles recommends and most of your troubles will be solved.