TV connections

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
dennis1949
Cardinal Owners: 2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL

TV connections

Post by dennis1949 »

I have a 2008 31RKLE. On the outside of the trailer there are 3 TV connections. Inside at the living area there are 4, one is for the roof antenna. In the bedroom there are 3 connections one is for the roof antenna. And there is one in the storage compartment underneath for the roof antenna. One of the TV connections on the outside goes to the living area I assume for cable TV or a portablle satellite. I can not figure out what the other connections are for. I e-mailed Forest River about this and never received a reply If you know please help.
Thank You.
Dennis Carpenter
2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL
2012 3/4 GMC Z71 truck
Decatur Al.
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Post by Donpop »

Dennis:

I have a 2008 34QS and I ordered the satellite prep on the side. On mine the outlet in the box with the telephone connection is for cable TV. The other two are for satellite, one going to the living area and the other to the bedroom. On older models the satellite connection was tied together for both the living area and bedroom just like the cable TV connection. Now they have split them into two separate circuits. We only have one satellite receiver so I undid the satellite cable going to the bedroom from the rear of the box, pulled it through the wall, and hooked it up into the line coming out of the receiver to the living room TV with a splitter and now shoot the satellite reception to the bedroom. Of course you can only get the programming that is set on the living room TV but sometimes we want to lay down and watch it. On my 34QS all of the connections are directly back of the TV/computer desk compartment that slides out so readily accessible. Your configuration may be different.

Don
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs