2005 Cardinal 37RL Questions

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Vroadracer
Cardinal Owners: 2005 Cardinal 37RL

2005 Cardinal 37RL Questions

Post by Vroadracer »

Hi, I am a new owner of a used 2005 Cardinal 37RL 5th wheel. I did not get an original brochure with it so:

(1)I am not sure what items are standard and what items are optional. (2)Will the VIN number identify the items that are standard and the items that are optional?
(3) Also, can anyone tell me what the list price range was for the 37RL back in 2005?
(4) When I brought it from New York to Tennesse and put out the slides, I found out the "Wiring Harness Guard" or "Flex Guard" was broken on the rear slide on the road side. Is this a regular problem for the Cardinal or is this an isolated problem?
(5) It has a solar panel on the AC cover on the top of the rig. Will this automatically charge the 12 volt battery when the sun is shinning?
(6) Is it safe to put a generator in the front storage compartment and run the exhaust pipe through the floor of the front storage area. My unit has a carbon monoxide detector in the bed room over the storage area that makes me wonder if an installed generator is too dangerous for this unit?
Vroadracer
2005 Cardinal 37RL
2007 GMC Sierra Classic D/A Crew Cab, 8ft bed
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Re: 2005 Cardinal 37RL Questions

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Vroadracer wrote:Hi, I am a new owner of a used 2005 Cardinal 37RL 5th wheel. I did not get an original brochure with it so:

(1)I am not sure what items are standard and what items are optional. (2)Will the VIN number identify the items that are standard and the items that are optional?
(3) Also, can anyone tell me what the list price range was for the 37RL back in 2005? Contact Forest River. I think they can answer the first three questions.
(4) When I brought it from New York to Tennesse and put out the slides, I found out the "Wiring Harness Guard" or "Flex Guard" was broken on the rear slide on the road side. Is this a regular problem for the Cardinal or is this an isolated problem? Some have used door hinges to repair this.
(5) It has a solar panel on the AC cover on the top of the rig. Will this automatically charge the 12 volt battery when the sun is shinning? Yes it will within reason. If you are dry camping, it will not keep up with your use.
(6) Is it safe to put a generator in the front storage compartment and run the exhaust pipe through the floor of the front storage area. My unit has a carbon monoxide detector in the bed room over the storage area that makes me wonder if an installed generator is too dangerous for this unit? I haven't done this. I'll let someone else answer.
Oh yes, Welcome to the Club!
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
gmarker
Cardinal Owners: 2005 29WBLE

Post by gmarker »

I installed an Onan Micro LP unit in mine and have been very satisfied with it. Exhaust is run through the floor and extends out on the street side under the basement door. Be sure it is installed in a good insulated box. I checked it under several differant conditions (wind, etc.) and there is no problem. My solar charger on the a/c quit working last year. It put out such a small charge that I haven't even considered repairing it.
GERRY & KAY
2005 29WBLE
20011 FORD F250 LARIOT 6.7 POWERSTROKE
MAX the WONDERCAT
Bill M

Post by Bill M »

I asked a similar question on Oct 3 and you can view the responses by looking for Bill M on that date. I would be interested in contacting you to share info and will if I can figure out a way to do it privately.