Thermo-pane windows

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Thermo-pane windows

Post by Donpop »

When we ordered our previous 2000 bird thermo-pane windows were not yet available. Shortly after they became an option with most mfg. After a couple of years fighting the moisture problem in cold weather I decided to never own another trailer without them. When we ordered our 2008 34QS they were a mandatory option along with second AC, etc. I just returned from my annual cold weather deer hunting trip and I am a very happy camper. I had no condensation problems period and could tell a noticable difference in heating. The average nightly low was 19-23 degrees. Before if you got up next to the single pane glass you felt like you were outdoors. Didn't notice it at all this time with the thermo-pane. I was able to keep the trailer cozy with two 1500W electric heaters, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. About the only time the furnance ran was when I turned the heaters down on purpose so there would be a little heat go into the storage area. I did use the tank heaters and had no problems whatsoever. If you are in the market for a new bird I highly recommend the thermo-pane glass for help in both cooling and heating.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Don, We have owned several different types of RVs over our years (slide in, 2 motor homes, travel trailer) and found the condensation was one of the things we disliked the most with winter travel. So when we ordered out our '07 Bird, that was one of the things that was a 'must have'.. We agree that it really helps with heat/cold transfer as well as the condensation issue and as an added bonus, we think it even helps with the outside (traffic, etc.) noise. We are VERY glad we spent the bucks for the option and think it has already paid for itself. Glad you like your Bird!
Say "HI" to our other Kansas friends down there! Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

One other factor for insulated glass is it helps reduce outside noise, so not only do they save heat and AC cost, but you get noise controll.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165