More winter questions

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Tim Whaylen

More winter questions

Post by Tim Whaylen »

Hello All,

Our big day is upon us. Our 2008 37RL is to be delivered on Monday. It will be sitting until Spring comes to Minnesota. As you may know it gets cold in Minnesota. Potentially -20 to -30F at times. Should I remove any equipment from the rig? I was thinking perhaps I should at least remove the tv and perhaps the radio if it comes out easy. Thoughts?
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

We live north of you about 100 miles and as I write this note it’s – 6 degrees. We also are new to a 5th wheel but have been RVing with motor homes for a number of years. If your rig has been properly winterized you really will not have a problem. The only thing I check on is the batteries and to mouse proof our RV. Either remove the battery or keep it charged, a new battery once a month should be good. We put dryer sheets anyplace that mice might want to call home. We had one time that they got into our wiring and ate the covering on the wires. Not had a problem using the dryer sheets.

Think spring and enjoy the winter.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

If you have a generator run it once a week. That keeps condisation out, keeps the seals from leaking and charges the batteries.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.